Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
Quick q guys. I have AppleCare+ on my 15 Pro, which I’ll be giving to my wife. Will the monthly AppleCare continue once I wipe and she restores as her phone? I’m keen for it to continue if possible (we use family sharing too if that makes any difference?).

Edit - I checked Google and it seems yes it will continue, hopefully still under my payment card. We will see.
This works, I have given away both a 13 and 14 pro and the apple care (monthly payments) still shows under my account.

I use family sharing too but I don't know if this makes any difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kol
I decided to place my order for the 16 pro max in desert titanium 256gb size. I wasn’t going to upgrade from my 13 pro max but I couldn’t help myself. Delivery is saying 15-22 October. Fingers crossed it comes sooner :)

Mine shows 25th-30th but is being delivered tomorrow (23rd).
IMG-8131.jpg
IMG-8132.jpg

Last edited:
What cases have people gone for? - for the 16 pro max the Pitaka Tactile Weave one feels a bit too thin :S

Also I am tempted to pop a screen protector on these days - never had a scratch on my 14 pro max, but this screen looks so pretty I hate for it to be scratched, I had a Quick Look and jeez the screen protector market is a minefield..

What cases have people gone for? - for the 16 pro max the Pitaka Tactile Weave one feels a bit too thin :S

Also I am tempted to pop a screen protector on these days - never had a scratch on my 14 pro max, but this screen looks so pretty I hate for it to be scratched, I had a Quick Look and jeez the screen protector market is a minefield..
I get my iPhone 16 pro tomorrow and went for that Spigen ultra hybrid mag safe, then realised after I ordered it that it's not the version which covers the camera button which I wanted. Oh well. I went for je tech screen protector as my wife's had that one on her 15 pm and works ok

Moved from an iPhone 11 to 16 Pro. It’s a quantum leap in terms of technology - however, I’m partially regretting the decision and looking to change. I’m planning on going for a 16 instead:
- nearly 30g lighter / better balance
- smaller dimensions
- £200 cheaper (not a major factor)

I know I’ll miss the 120Hz display with AoD, better battery life, LIDAR camera but overall the 16 seems a better all round offer.

Anything to consider before I return it?

Seems like it may make sense for you. 30g weight saving is pretty substantial, I never realised it was that big a jump. However remember that the standard 16 screen is a bit smaller though - 16 Pro is 6.3" and standard 16 is 6.1" (guessing you're aware since you mention smaller overall dimensions). Also the USB speed on the standard 16 is only USB2 vs USB3 on the Pro but beyond the obvious screen and camera features there isn't really much else to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom