• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
This is interesting, though not altogether unexpected.

iPhone XS pre-orders are "lower-than-expected," as customers opt for the iPhone XS Max or wait for the iPhone XR.
Forecasts for iPhone XS orders, it is believed will account for only 10 to 15 percent of shipments of the new 2018 iPhones, down from 15 to 20 percent.
Forecasts for iPhone XR orders, estimate that the model will account for 55 to 60 percent of shipments of the new 2018 iPhones, up from 50 to 55 percent previously.

Wow! that's almost 50% depreciation in 12 months. These latest iPhones aren't holding their price like the previous models used to. It's actually a steeper depreciation than my S7 has taken and I've had that 2.5 years.

My iPhone 7 32 gig is still worth £170 so again it's kept its value much better.

Yeah stings a little, going for between 6/700 on eBay but don’t fancy the hassle.

Is the UK Upgrade Programme actually live because the website has been down for the past 2 days?
Assuming it works like last year they take the IUP page down after a few hours as there is very limited stock for it. Officially it returns the day after launch however last year it was 5 weeks for my local Apple store

Has anyone done the 3 month payment plan with Very.co.uk?

I am tempted to go that route to be honest...

Ebay kicked off an event over the weekend where the maximum selling fees are £1 and it expires today.

Thanks for this, I think £520 and the ease of posting to Mazumamobile is acceptable rather than faffing about with eBay, cheers though.

Thanks for this, I think £520 and the ease of posting to Mazumamobile is acceptable rather than faffing about with eBay, cheers though.

There's a few comparison sites for phone recycling - I checked just in case I only get low-ball offers for my 7 Plus (which I've priced at £350) and some of them had valuations as high as £318 although I expect they'll try and find any way they can to knock that down further. Mazuma wasn't one of the better ones (£230!).

My 6 is still goring strong and does all I need, so going to hold of moving to the XS and see what IOS12 does for me. One thing that really does interest me is Augmented Reality, but from what I’ve read it’s not quite ready yet. Hopefully we get something more interesting next year other than a speed bump.

Now that I have slept on it for a few days I have slowly changed my mine from getting a new phone to sticking with my 6 for another year. Even on the upgrade programme I am still looking at £42 a month + £20 a month for the sim contract, that's over £60 a month for a phone!

• Bank details
  • Photo ID
  • Proof of address for past three years
  • Backed-up phone (assuming you want them to transfer your data there-and-then to the new phone)

Proof of address for past three years, what would they need for that? 3 years worth of bank statements :p

I've reserved a XS Max 256 GB in Space Gr
Is the UK Upgrade Programme actually live because the website has been down for the past 2 days?

It is live, as usual it's an in-store sign up process with a reservation made online in advance at a time and store of your choice using your Apple ID.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

I have reserved an XS Max 256GB for collection from the London Regent St. store. This will be my third upgrade programme iPhone.

Proof of address for past three years

I remember my driving licence being checked last time. I did take a couple of other proofs of address along just in case, I can't remember them being checked though?

Decided what the hell and just pre ordered the Xs 64gb in gold.

Will go pay/collect when I get the text/email to pop in. :)

I've reserved a XS Max 256 GB in Space Gr

It is live, as usual it's an in-store sign up process with a reservation made online in advance at a time and store of your choice using your Apple ID.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

I have reserved an XS Max 256GB for collection from the London Regent St. store. This will be my third upgrade programme iPhone.

Problem is I no longer live or work near an Apple Store and next weekend I have a wedding to shoot.

I remember my driving licence being checked last time. I did take a couple of other proofs of address along just in case, I can't remember them being checked though?

I spoke to Apple via chat. You only need to provide photo ID, everything else is just provided without documents.

Back
Top Bottom