• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Well pleased with the leap from the 7+ to max.

Black leather case from Apple is nice but a little slippery.

Only bugbear with face id is I love the hide notifications until recognised feature but it means I can't read them when phone is on bedside table in the AM. Oh well :)
Do you type one handed with the max?

Associate
Coming from a 6S this thing is incredible! Glad I went for the Max, being my first plus sized phone I was a little worried but it feels right :cool:

Soldato
Coming from a 6S this thing is incredible! Glad I went for the Max, being my first plus sized phone I was a little worried but it feels right :cool:

The screen is bigger than a plus size phone ha ha it lovely don’t get me wrong but on the plus size phone with the screen being further down from the top it was easier to reach

Caporegime
I’m assuming that with the Apple upgrade you have to take AppleCare?? I know they do a payment plan without AppleCare but from what I’ve read, you can’t upgrade the iPhone every year??

Contemplating on just going for the payment plan rather than the upgrade as it’s slightly cheaper. Plus I look after my phones as it is so don’t see the need for AppleCare.

Associate
I’m assuming that with the Apple upgrade you have to take AppleCare?? I know they do a payment plan without AppleCare but from what I’ve read, you can’t upgrade the iPhone every year??

Contemplating on just going for the payment plan rather than the upgrade as it’s slightly cheaper. Plus I look after my phones as it is so don’t see the need for AppleCare.
That's correct, but it's easy to pay off rest of the plan next year, sell the phone even to carephone warehouse or something like that and get new model. Last year when I was upgrading from 7 to X, if I gave phone to apple it would equal around £280 (rest of the contract) but carephone warehouse gave me £350.

Soldato
I've just pulled down loads of apps and noticed that they're arranged in alphabetical order by default. Is this feature new to iOS 12? It's something I really like about Android and now I won't need to create folders to organise my apps. I've also just signed up to the public beta program to install iOS 12.1 to see if there are any display tweaks.

Soldato
Even after a week of my X last year I knew TouchID wasn’t coming back. Just no need

I’d still like it back.

I’m forced to change by body position unnaturally when the phone is on my desk, table, gym bench etc.

Touch ID was much safer for car use when unlocking it to turn my google maps sat Nav screen back on. I could do that without looking, like using the radio. Now I have to change my body position and take my eyes off the road for a second.

It often won’t work in bed and I’m forced to enter my long extended pass code manually.

There are many other times I’ve encountered when it will try to unlock when not pointing directly at my face, fail and then when I do want to unlock it I’ll again have to enter my passcode.

In general I think it’s excellent. But there’s a ton of situations where having Touch ID to compliment it would be optimal. Although I’m not holding my breath for it.

Back
Top Bottom