***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Associate
N4 feels so good in hand that I'm looking for a bumper case..but as you said, not one that is overpriced on their web page...

It feels great naked when you're sitting down at home, or doing a street-view of your lounge. But it does feels a little fragile when you're out and about trying to read a text.

Soldato
What. But doesn't that mean that you had to pay the fees anyway?

no you just agree to cancel the auction. nothing lost nothing gained

Man that is some man maths in action...

ps3ud0 :cool:

yep

---------

anyway im kinda glad, i said in my head if i got over £500 i would sell.. but now using and loving. looking at getting some cases :D

Soldato
not sure if serious...
/snip
screen on time 1h20min

Don't worry mine isn't much better either! Certainly no where near what my S2 used to give me with the same usage/syncs! This is in the same conditions as my S2 & my S2 would be about 70% at this time of the day.

Screenshot_2012-11-19-22-39-58.png

Screenshot_2012-11-19-22-39-55.png
I've done a tiny bit of browsing 5/10mins at most, About 5mins on Need for Speed & the rest of the time it has been in my pocket because I've been working. Even had aeroplane mode on for a little bit too!

Screen on time a pitiful 38mins.

Last edited:
Soldato
it's pretty nice, whites and so are better than the GN, but colors are a little washed. txt reads nice and the phone is super snappy moving between apps and feels premium, but then again i did not mind the feel of the GN

Soldato
^^^ wow that's not great.

How are you finding the phone now you've had it a few days Mattey? Any real-life standout features/improvements over the S2?

Apart from the battery life everything is a marked improvement over the S2. Bar no removable battery & SDcard. The build quality is amazing for the price of the thing that's for sure. Camera is a bit better than the S2 I'd say but I haven't got round to recording any videos to see how that performs.

Sound quality I find a lot better but that isn't hard to beat the S2 with its crappy Yahama DAC. Loud speaker is a lot louder than the S2 was too.

I'm starting to get used to the screen colours too like Jimlad said I would & I have to say the higher resolution is much better, The screen sensitivity is not as good as the S2 though, I find my self having to press just a little more harder than I did on the S2 which could detect a press by a slight touch. Games perform much better, Apps open quicker. It feels just a bit more responsive than the S2 ever did.

The lock screen widgets are decent too I imagine they will get better over time with more options to put in there.

I do still keep going for the hard home button though! But i am slowly adjusting :D

As I say the only thing that is killing me at the moment is the battery life but I'll find a way to sort that eventually!

Soldato
Apart from the battery life everything is a marked improvement over the S2. Bar no removable battery & SDcard. The build quality is amazing for the price of the thing that's for sure. Camera is a bit better than the S2 I'd say but I haven't got round to recording any videos to see how that performs.

Sound quality I find a lot better but that isn't hard to beat the S2 with its crappy Yahama DAC. Loud speaker is a lot louder than the S2 was too.

I'm starting to get used to the screen colours too like Jimlad said I would & I have to say the higher resolution is much better, The screen sensitivity is not as good as the S2 though, I find my self having to press just a little more harder than I did on the S2 which could detect a press by a slight touch. Games perform much better, Apps open quicker. It feels just a bit more responsive than the S2 ever did.

The lock screen widgets are decent too I imagine they will get better over time with more options to put in there.

I do still keep going for the hard home button though! But i am slowly adjusting :D

As I say the only thing that is killing me at the moment is the battery life but I'll find a way to sort that eventually!

Cheers.

Yup - a no brainer over the S2 really. Glad your enjoying it.

I still have yet to see one, looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom