***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
I find my self having to press just a little more harder than I did on the S2 which could detect a press by a slight touch. Games perform much better, Apps open quicker. It feels just a bit more responsive than the S2 ever did.

My screen is super responsive, I hardly have to touch the screen at all to be honest...

Associate
Really unhappy with Google's customer service. I asked for more detailed information on my order, why the US was shipping over the weekend while the UK stayed in limbo, and why people who ordered after myself were getting their orders.

This is the tosh I get back?

Hello Chris,

Thank you for replying back. Our system still shows that your order is "On Hold." I do apologize for any inconvenience this has given you. We are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week timeframe. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on its way.

If you have any other questions, please ask me.

bez

bez

Associate
Just thought I'd add my battery stats...

Linky

Spent 3hours in the morning downloading from play and playing games (dead trigger, angry birds star wars, starfleet omega). Then went out taking mrs for a driving lesson and used nav for about 30mins.

Used for general web browsing, and calls(!) for about 40mins. And was still on 18% at 1am (up from 8am previous day).

Wifi/GPS/Google now on all the time. Auto brightness.

Sorry didn't get more detailed screenshots was just for my own use :)

Associate
I'm starting to get used to the screen colours too like Jimlad said I would & I have to say the higher resolution is much better, The screen sensitivity is not as good as the S2 though, I find my self having to press just a little more harder than I did on the S2 which could detect a press by a slight touch.

Glad I'm not the only one, I mentioned this a few days ago (also came from an S2) and quite a few people are reporting the same over at XDA.

Soldato
Anyone noticed the hiss/interference sound from the top speaker/camera area?

Only just noticed this myself :/ Might have to change my comment on build quality if this is a problem :(

Associate
well well well!

Just ordered online via o2 as my friend had an o2 open discount that he kindly shared with me from another friend :p.

179.99 + 10.50*24 - £100 o2 open discount - £50 quidco = £282 :p Assuming it works which if it doesn't I'll just return it under dsr.

Did this work?

I assume to get the quidco discount you applied online, but how would you get the open discount as i thought you had to visit a store for that to apply?

Associate
http://mobile.talktalk.co.uk/handsets/nexus-4-by-lg-white-with-nexus-7-tablet

nothing upfront, £35 per month gives Nexus 4 and Nexus 7, 1GB data.

so compared with £250 Nexus 4 (inc delivery) and £169 Nexus 7.

Giff Gaff 24x£10 = £240

£250+£170+£240=£660

or
24x£35=£840

Think will keep trying for the SIM free option....not sure will still want Nexus 7 as well after using the Nexus 4 - that maybe big and good enough for me!

Last edited:

bez

bez

Associate
been using it all day, liking most things, but colors are very washed out compared to GN, but wizzy through

don't get the washed out thing at all - OH has an S2, had em side by side watching the same thing on youtube - honestly prefered the N4.

but then again all my monitors/laptops at home and work have been calibrated with a spyder so might explain why - not used to over saturated displays :p

Soldato
4.2 has problems...
One if them is not closing/ suspending apps properly...was using Google music for one hour on my way to a meeting, stopped it, checked emails etc...to fin out later on that it was on for over 3 hours!!!! So draining battery...
Still don't get how some get so much screen time on theirs...what's wrong with mine battery...
Don't have many things installed...only Google on sync for email etc... So not all as I used to and still am getting carried times...
Is it crap reception in London that is draining my battery ...will post screens in the evening...

Soldato
The colours on it are actually really good, the icons that look washed out are actually just the proper colours. Go into the music store and look about at some of the album art, you can see vibrant reds and blues all over the place.

I came from an SII and thought the same at first but after watching some videos and looking at some art it's easy to see that in fact the SII was just way over-saturated the entire time.

Back
Top Bottom