***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
Cheers.

Yup - a no brainer over the S2 really. Glad your enjoying it.

I still have yet to see one, looking forward to it.

I think you'll appreciate the build quality! I love how the screen just curves off. One of the things that bugged me about the S2 was the gap between the screen & bezel.

I'm scared of dropping it though!

Soldato
I dropped my SII numerous times, it could take a hit better then Rocky Balboa, still looked brand new when I sold it. I do not feel as safe with dropping the N4. :d

Soldato
I dropped my SII numerous times, it could take a hit better then Rocky Balboa, still looked brand new when I sold it. I do not feel as safe with dropping the N4. :d

I dropped my s2 while getting out of my mates big beast of a van & it just had a dent on the top right. The screen was perfect when I sold it. I must say the S2 could take a right beating though! I think I dropped it about 4 times in the time I had it.

Soldato
Don't think I need to post anymore screenshots after these ones since it seems pretty consistent now :p

pmKfT.jpg

tgGmp.jpg

sbpeg.jpg

cNqKC.jpg

iZL3Y.jpg

Ur0ct.jpg

2uSNe.jpg

TOT9C.jpg

Auto brightness
5 minutes on mobile data
Around 40-50 texts
4 phone calls
30ish minutes playing Dead Trigger
5 or so minutes browsing the web
2 YouTube videos around 5 minutes altogether
10 minutes using Reddit News
5 minutes testing Appy Geek

And I think thats about it. Phew :p

Edit : Oh and 15 minutes playing around with Light Flow.

Caporegime
More curvier it's just much more noticeable. Finger just glides onto the screen without ever feeling an edge.

nice :cool:

@Murray

Nice usage there.

the msm_hsic thing is definitely one thing, which shouldn't be there or using as much battery as what it currently is and surface flinger plus power manager service are also using more battery than what it should.

Once they are sorted out you should be getting even better battery life.

Associate
LOL, wasn't the 3 weeks for existing orders...

I'm with you, I'm still waiting to place an order, just don't get too excited about the 3 week bit :)

Well if it's 3 weeks to supply all the back orders it'd be pretty unlikely that there isn't extra to sell!

Soldato
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm inbetween two options and wondered why most of you chose the Nexus 4 over the Galaxy S3? Purely down to price?

After reading this review it seems like they really are so similar but the expandable memory and split screen video might win it for the S3.

Associate
The Nexus 4 has superior build quality and potentially better performance (once Google puts out an update to fix the slow benchmarking which in my opinion does reflect on everyday use) it certainly has a more powerful processor and more RAM.

The display is an iffy one - the colours are washed out on the N4 if held next to another phone but in isolation it looks great. The GS3 has a super saturated Super AMOLED screen which has overtly vibrant colours.

Only capacity is really an issue and battery life. Hopefully battery life will also be improved with a update and as far as expandable storage goes - get 16GB if your worried just like the standard GS3 without being able to add more.

Price is a huge difference of course.

Associate
I'v noticed that anyone with lots of poor signal patches on the battery screen seems to be getting hit harder for battery life.

Yeah, that's normal. The phone wants the best signal, if it doesn't have it, it looks for it, draining the battery.

Of you know you're going to be somewhere without 3G for a while, force 2G. If you're going to be somewhere without signal at all, use airplane mode.

Caporegime
Interesting, the screen on time is over 5 hours, but it's showing the device has not been awake much.

It is a bug with 4.2

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm inbetween two options and wondered why most of you chose the Nexus 4 over the Galaxy S3? Purely down to price?

After reading this review it seems like they really are so similar but the expandable memory and split screen video might win it for the S3.

Techradar isn't a great review site, very basic and keep their reviews rather simple.

Wait for gsmarena's comparison, will be FAR better :)

For many here, the main reasons people are going for the N4 are:

- nexus device so will have great developer community and great support from google, guaranteed to get updates and to get them as soon as they are released pretty much
- the hardware i.e. CPU/GPU (the S4 chipset is in a different league to everything right now, much better than the exynos) and RAM are the best you can get on the smartphone market at the minute and with one of the best screens too
- build/design

And of course, the biggest reason, price!

The main advantages of the GS 3 over the N4 are:

- camera is better especially the 1080P recording
- battery life (although the nexus will improve with a few updates, so it could then possibly surpass the GS 3)
- audio
- SD slot

Last edited:
Associate
Ouch, reading that Android Police article makes me think 4.2 was really rushed. Oddly there's no real evidence to say that they've made any significant changes that could cause all the problems that seem to be occurring. But whatever they've changed its had a knock on effect to the rest of the OS.

Sounds to me like either 4.2 was either optimised for the N4, or 4.2 is plagued with issues and the N4 uses brute force to bypass them.

Back
Top Bottom