***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

The back of the Nexus 4 looks lets say different! Looks like it shines when lit up against light? where as it's plain without it.

Edit: Android Police says so!

Anyone who is worried about the back of the phone being a sparkly disco ball can rest easy. In many lighting conditions, the back is black - just black. When the light catches it just right, there is a very tasteful, subdued shimmer effect that rolls across the dots. The dots on the back don't bindingly reflect light, either, they just kind of turn silver.

Am I the only one who thinks that pattern/disco look on the back gives the back of the phone a rather cheap look?

A lot of people seem to love it...... :o :p

I live in a poor signal area so often have to charge 2 times a day, it's definitely taken a hammering. In fact there is no way iI can last a 16hr day unless I only use the phone an hour at lunch. 1 bar at most at home

Are the up grades really this good to change that?

When I first saw the leaked pics I hated the look of the back, in the most recent pics I think it looks really good. It looks different but not in your face and really obvious. Cant wait to order one of these, my iPhone 4 is driving me mad

You'll come around once you get your hands on one Nexus18!

Probably! :p :D

I think it looks pretty nice in the video with your guy from google doing a hands on preview, but am not so keen on the photos of it so far....

Those photos look pretty good, maybe lacking sharpness a bit.......but will have to see more shots and from the final product first.

Last edited:
A lot of people have phones, which don't have removable batteries i.e. iphones, which they charge often and still haven't encountered problems. A non-removable battery is less likely to break than a removable battery.

Yep, my iPhone is about 3 years old and the battery is still fine. I guess its nice to be able to change it just in case, but not an issue for me really.

Back
Top Bottom