Poll: *** The official Mac Studio thread (it has Apple Silicon, lots of ports and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy an Apple Studio?

• Total voters
Well you can use Airplay to Mac, which isn't as good as a native wired connection, but that still allows you to use the mac as screen for another mac.

I don't know if it's me, but I find sustained AirPlay to be laggy, and a little bit unreliable. Wouldn't want to be working off an AirPlay display, but it's an option I suppose if people want it. I just want target display mode 2022.

I don't know if it's me, but I find sustained AirPlay to be laggy, and a little bit unreliable. Wouldn't want to be working off an AirPlay display, but it's an option I suppose if people want it. I just want target display mode 2022.

It does have a delay so not that helpful for proper computer use. It's also never as nice or sharp as just plugging a monitor (it has much lower handwidth). Seems like a waste of resources and awful for environment. My 27" iMac has served me very well since 2017 but it can serve me a lot longer if we had this option.

Strange thing is that Apple can enable this via a software update, the thunderbolt connection can obviously take an input.

I muted and went for the auto-generated subtitles. Can’t say disassembly looks fun!

Accessing storage is easy, everything else is way too difficult. I'm not looking forward to the day I need to clean this.

Anyone with good ideas about how to filter the air intake? Haven't seen any commercial products for it, shouldn't be too difficult to DIY some.

Accessing storage is easy, everything else is way too difficult. I'm not looking forward to the day I need to clean this.

Anyone with good ideas about how to filter the air intake? Haven't seen any commercial products for it, shouldn't be too difficult to DIY some.
Just buy some ultra fine filters and cut.

Could you not just put it on a shelf with a small fan pointing at it? I mean it is not perfect but should help. I was just planning on having mine on my desk but that is probably a bad idea,

Mine will just sit on my desk, the same way my iMac does. Every so often (like, maybe once a year), I disconnect it, take it outside and blow compressed air through it.

I'll attempt it this week, arrived 10 minutes ago, but yeah, might look ugly. The systems are always around 1300rpm apparently, quite a lot of people complaining about it.

They did the same on the previous iMacs. Before they put the T2 chip in you could lower it to 1000rpm which was less audible.

They did the same on the previous iMacs. Before they put the T2 chip in you could lower it to 1000rpm which was less audible.

So the fan control apps (TG Pro, MacsFanControl, etc) can't set it lower than the default curve?

There's a good deal on the Huawei Mateview right now (£500 with £100 cashback). It's 28" 3:2 4K (168ppi), has HDMI and USB-C, plays relatively well with macOS, charges the laptop as well. I don't have one personally but we have a few at work and they're pretty decent for programming and the extra height helps too.

I am seriously tempted to get this to tie me over.

Back
Top Bottom