Poll: *** The official Mac Studio thread (it has Apple Silicon, lots of ports and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy an Apple Studio?

• Total voters
No it's not. The guy is just clueless and has no idea what he's talking about. You don't run Cinebench on CPU and then 3DMark to stress the GPU and get surprised it doesn't utilise the full GPU. It doesn't mean it's power limited, This is simply CPU being the bottleneck in 3DMark due to being busy with Cinebench.

Even the most basic reviewer/benchmarked should understand these things. These Apple-focused YouTubers are truly clueless. RIP tech journalism, this is what we're left with.
Yep, quite right.

It makes sense that there would be a process to be able to swap out the storage and re-map the system to accept it. Makes for easier manufacturing process I guess. ( I.e. same chip / board, different storage configuration ).

As for the fans ... people seem to be forgetting that its needing to also cool the PSU components internally. So whilst the CPU may not need active cooling, perhaps the PSU does, hence the fans always working.

I must say I really like the look of it. Its tempting to ditch the PC and go to something like this.

I was in an Apple store yesterday, they had one hooked up to the Studio display. All very nice but mega £££.

So been watching Apple YouTube videos while I wait for my Studio to turn up. I have one single question. Does iJustine ever give a negative review?

So been watching Apple YouTube videos while I wait for my Studio to turn up. I have one single question. Does iJustine ever give a negative review?

She defines the word fangirl better than any dictionary ever can. Watching her is such a waste of time.

She also rarely does actual reviews, for the most part its just an unboxing and a quick hands on or more advertorial style content.

I watched the first 30 seconds of one of her videos and that was enough for me to know that I never wanted to watch anything of hers ever again. :D

This is the Thunderbolt to Display port I bought to use with my iMac, there must be loads of them about. The Mac Studio has an HDMI socket as well so you shouldn't need any adapters or anything special for that, just a cable.

Thanks. Ordered a couple of cables. Should last until I have some money to buy a proper Thunderbolt 4 hub.

Hoping to get my order placed within the next couple of weeks and then it'll probably be at least ten weeks before everything turns up. There's a possibility there might be two displays, not just the one listed here.

UJNPEDO.png

Back
Top Bottom