****The Official Mountain Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
Tubeless is the future :D

Dropper post is / was also a game changer for me. Really miss it when on my hard tail or gravel bike. Who knew a quick few inches up or down would make so much difference (oooh matron :D)

Associate

Beautiful day today, getting significantly more confident and faster on the bike now too (also down to fitness improving I assume!). Bikes had a fair few changes since new now, tubeless setup along with a replacement drivetrain. Also looking at picking up a decent trail fork second hand and a thru axle front hub to go with it, but then the other part of me is thinking o should just go all in on something like Hope Pro4s front and rear as they have end cap adaptors for basically every standard.

Soldato
that looks epic, shame there's a bike blocking the view... ;)

looks like an amazing bike. how's the pinion gearbox behave/feel compared to the standard setup?
I test rode another bike with the gearbox last summer so knew what to expect, all the weight is down low with no massive cassette on the rear wheel, so it's both very planted and very agile at the same time.

It's a proper missile downhill, so fast. Yet ridiculously easy to bunny hop, wheelie etc.

The shifting - I actually prefer it to normal triggers! You can shift as many gears as your wrist can handle whilst not moving, and it just needs a slight let off the pedals to change while on the move.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sunday funday :cool:

Alver-Valley_2021.04.18_1641-00_00025.jpg

Alver-Valley_2_2021.04.18_1659-50_00030.jpg

Alver-Valley_2_2021.04.18_1646-26_00029.jpg

Hill-Head2021.04.18_1842-24_00036.jpg

Associate
I test rode another bike with the gearbox last summer so knew what to expect, all the weight is down low with no massive cassette on the rear wheel, so it's both very planted and very agile at the same time.

It's a proper missile downhill, so fast. Yet ridiculously easy to bunny hop, wheelie etc.

The shifting - I actually prefer it to normal triggers! You can shift as many gears as your wrist can handle whilst not moving, and it just needs a slight let off the pedals to change while on the move.
you linked with Southcoast Suspension? as they're now using one of your photos for their publicity...

mi46KaR.png

Last edited:
Soldato
you linked with Southcoast Suspension? as they're now using one of your photos for their publicity...

mi46KaR.png

Firstly is a stunning bike one i have shared on this page before theres no reference saying you could win it either mate I have found many images on google over the years and shared them on my page and not once have had anyone upset by it so sorry.

Have asked them to remove it, how many pictures have they taken from Google, does no one understand copyright law? :rolleyes: if he'd offered to give me credit I would have been fine with that but the fact that he's basically pleaded ignorance - doesnt make it OK, does it?

Associate

Beautiful day today, getting significantly more confident and faster on the bike now too (also down to fitness improving I assume!). Bikes had a fair few changes since new now, tubeless setup along with a replacement drivetrain. Also looking at picking up a decent trail fork second hand and a thru axle front hub to go with it, but then the other part of me is thinking o should just go all in on something like Hope Pro4s front and rear as they have end cap adaptors for basically every standard.
I was thinking of upgrading all the parts but it would be cheaper to buy a new bike with better parts.

Back
Top Bottom