****The Official Mountain Bicycle Gallery Thread****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Well it happened, local trail was flooded completely, at the deepest point the rear hub/cassette were under water!

Edit*
Did some research and found out that this can happen is slowly wading through deep water with tubeless. The water sits in the inner wall gap hence the sloshing around. It will evaporate over time.... Long as I'm not losing air, the tyre seal itself is sound. Is what it is and also the type of rim, size etc factors into it too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
5UuYt86.gif

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Fork you!

To finally answer the question on whether my bike ever gets dusty....

Al8sPGE.gif

Today was a good ride, a bit over 20 miles, a large chunk of it back land trails in the area. It's amazing how quickly everything has grown round here as the last time I rode through these bits was a few months back and it was just grass/compost but is now 6 feet high of sweetcorn etc and the tracks that were wide enough to get my bar through easily are now very tight needing lots of twitching about. Great fun though.

VxvPPz9.jpg

2Z5Za0o.jpg
^ Amazing scenery just a walk down from home, so happy to live so close to this sort of landscape.

rQAbxcO.jpg
^ Just for laughs

nhQS4CW.jpg
^ Had to stop behind a farm track to snap this snoozing baby horse.

AdYoeFz.jpg
^ And then a tea break...

Have to say I'm loving the lightness of the bike. I need to lower the tyre pressures a little bit more, I'm just under 30psi currently but can feel that I could do with a bit more loose dirt traction on some decline winding tracks today so will probably drop to around 24psi and see how that fairs. Don't want to go too low as need half decent rolling resistance on the road too.

The MT5s are now bedded in I think on the stock pads which I am finding to be good so far, the rear lever travel is perfectly fine but the front does need a bit more travel although before the bite hits you can feel and hear the rotor contact increasing so maybe this is the way it is? Bleeding has been done properly and the same way for both using Royal Blood.

Soldato
Fork you!

To finally answer the question on whether my bike ever gets dusty....

Al8sPGE.gif

Today was a good ride, a bit over 20 miles, a large chunk of it back land trails in the area. It's amazing how quickly everything has grown round here as the last time I rode through these bits was a few months back and it was just grass/compost but is now 6 feet high of sweetcorn etc and the tracks that were wide enough to get my bar through easily are now very tight needing lots of twitching about. Great fun though.

VxvPPz9.jpg

2Z5Za0o.jpg
^ Amazing scenery just a walk down from home, so happy to live so close to this sort of landscape.

rQAbxcO.jpg
^ Just for laughs

nhQS4CW.jpg
^ Had to stop behind a farm track to snap this snoozing baby horse.

AdYoeFz.jpg
^ And then a tea break...

Have to say I'm loving the lightness of the bike. I need to lower the tyre pressures a little bit more, I'm just under 30psi currently but can feel that I could do with a bit more loose dirt traction on some decline winding tracks today so will probably drop to around 24psi and see how that fairs. Don't want to go too low as need half decent rolling resistance on the road too.

The MT5s are now bedded in I think on the stock pads which I am finding to be good so far, the rear lever travel is perfectly fine but the front does need a bit more travel although before the bite hits you can feel and hear the rotor contact increasing so maybe this is the way it is? Bleeding has been done properly and the same way for both using Royal Blood.

Love this area, I’m Park Gate / Warsash.

I’m considering swapping my Orange Crush Pro large frame to a medium, will be seeing what Botley MTB can do.

thought I’d buy a medium frame and get them to transfer over etc.

Reactions: mrk
Soldato
Finally got my FS bike back to a ridable state after dealing with a stuck crank in June last year!

New XT crankset, hope PF41 BB, and unite co 30t chainring fitted, and as I had them both out...

The titanium hardtail in its 'natural' state :D I did give it a wash after though.

Back
Top Bottom