****The Official Mountain Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Associate
Here's a few from my recent rides :)

I want to upgrade the zebs damper next hopefully to a 2.1.

Nice pics. I wouldn't clamp the dropper post like that as it can damage it. I wouldn't waste your money on RS dampers. They suck ass. You would be better off selling the fork and buying a mezzer.

Associate
Nice pics. I wouldn't clamp the dropper post like that as it can damage it. I wouldn't waste your money on RS dampers. They suck ass. You would be better off selling the fork and buying a mezzer.
How would I clamp it? I didnt want to clamp it on the frame as its carbon. I like the Mezzer forks and are on my list along with the usual suspects :)

Associate
How would I clamp it? I didnt want to clamp it on the frame as its carbon. I like the Mezzer forks and are on my list along with the usual suspects :)

on the frame if alu or the post part of the dropper rather than the stanchion. What don't you like about the fork that makes you want to change damper?

Associate
on the frame if alu or the post part of the dropper rather than the stanchion. What don't you like about the fork that makes you want to change damper?

I think my damper isnt working correctly, I have very little compression and if I put the reccomended pressure in it feels like its locked out. Its going to Tftuned next week to be looked at.

Soldato
Missed this! Have not been that way in some time now but soon to return now that the weather is hotting up!

Had a Mexican standoff yesterday though...

20220529_155614.jpg

20220529_155618.jpg

bike is still rocking :D

20220528_142229.jpg
Such a nice looking bike what drive train & shock did you upgrade to? I'm considering getting one as i love the look of the frame, but it will end up spending more money upgrading it than buying another bike with better spec....

Man of Honour
Such a nice looking bike what drive train & shock did you upgrade to? I'm considering getting one as i love the look of the frame, but it will end up spending more money upgrading it than buying another bike with better spec....
Thanks!

So I am sad enough to have a spreadsheet on bike TCO lol. I am considering the upgrade to SRAM GX AXS as the wireless upgrade kit is around 350 Euros - Just because cool tech and I like gadgets lol. For now it is the SRAM NX 12 speed with the XX1 chain. All specs of what's been upgraded below, everything but the frame and front hub has been upgraded. It weighs around 11KG, the front end is very light and nimble. The bulk of the weight is on that rear cassette and mech/crank.

eYr3OXD.png

Soldato
Thanks!

So I am sad enough to have a spreadsheet on bike TCO lol. I am considering the upgrade to SRAM GX AXS as the wireless upgrade kit is around 350 Euros - Just because cool tech and I like gadgets lol. For now it is the SRAM NX 12 speed with the XX1 chain. All specs of what's been upgraded below, everything but the frame and front hub has been upgraded. It weighs around 11KG, the front end is very light and nimble.

eYr3OXD.png

I found this earlier on reddit lol, thanks for the spreadsheet I should really go for Vitus nucleus VRS for £559. But the Marin looks so much better how did you find the stock fork? I currently have voodoo bizango 29er but its to big for me ..

11KG is impressive!

Man of Honour
The stock Suntour forks were /ok/ once I got accustomed to riding trails and things. They are heavy though and don't offer much agility over bumps - This only becomes obvious once you upgrade them to forks that are much more capable and weigh half as much!

It's the frame that did it for me too really. Definitely stands out amongst what you normally see out in the open :D

Soldato
The stock Suntour forks were /ok/ once I got accustomed to riding trails and things. They are heavy though and don't offer much agility over bumps - This only becomes obvious once you upgrade them to forks that are much more capable and weigh half as much!

It's the frame that did it for me too really. Definitely stands out amongst what you normally see out in the open :D
Those brown tyres look great as well but bit skinny, I might just buy one at least it will be fun upgrading it.

Soldato
I finally found a used small mountain bike, felt like I was living in the land of giants trying to find a small bike. It feels so much better than my old voodoo bizango 29er.

59KYOua.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
New bike day for me this week, a few bits carried over from my Jeffsy but a few upgrades too!

175mm (or 162mm) rear travel
170mm front travel
535mm reach
1350mm wheelbase
62.5 degree head angle
79 degree seat angle
17kg with pedals

This is now my MTB collection, the above long travel smasher and a 150mm titanium hardtail with a Pinion Gearbox which is my bike for mellow trails/muddy winter riding, it's a lightweight at 15.7kg with pedals :p:D

Back
Top Bottom