*** The Official Nokia Lumia 710 Thread ***

Soldato
We got 2 phones at the same time, a Sony Xperia S on contract, and the Lumia 710 on pay as you go for £129. I have to say, I find the Nokia a lot easier to use than Android on the Sony. Sure I miss the bigger screen, and the lack of some apps, but the Nokia is just so easy and simple to use.

Soldato
Tempted to pick this up or an 800, I've always used Android but I fancy something a bit different, I want the 800 really but its still costing a wedge on sim free.

Associate
Tempted to pick this up or an 800, I've always used Android but I fancy something a bit different, I want the 800 really but its still costing a wedge on sim free.

Get the 710, the spec is very similar to the Lumia 800, the ram is smaller only 8GB and I actaully preferred the screen on the 710 to the 800. For the money the Lumia 710 feels very solid in the hand and looks a premium phone.

Soldato
I find the 710 beautiful to hold, very comfortable. Size is always a compromise though. I'd like a bigger screen, but then again it fits very easily in pockets. It does not look or feel like a budget phone, that is for sure.

I see Nokia are releasing tethering support for this and the 800 soon, if that is important.

Soldato

lumiamonster.co.uk

Does that swing it? Might be worth just waiting for the 900 though if you're buying SIM-Free, it's not clocking in at much more.

If you'd consider a contract, the Lumia 800 is pretty cheap now: http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobi...e=afp&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=38561
Works out £372 over 2 years.

Soldato
I'm guessing there might just be a battery update or something, charged up a few hours ago, had some music on and some browsing hooking it up to my school network and its already down to 69% from a full charge. Bleurgh.

Soldato
I'm guessing there might just be a battery update or something, charged up a few hours ago, had some music on and some browsing hooking it up to my school network and its already down to 69% from a full charge. Bleurgh.

My battery life seems to vary a lot. Some times I get a day and a half, sometimes just the one day.

When I first got the phone, I was checking the battery every 10 mins. Since I've stopped doing that, it seems to have improved. Maybe I've just stopped caring.

Soldato
Playing music kills this thing then? I had it on for about an hour this morning on the way to work it's down from 100 to 77% already? In just two hours that's impressive.

Soldato
Playing it through what? The speaker or headphones? I've got a small portable speaker that I use for playing music in work. Must have had it going for 4 hours yesterday and the phone had about 40% battery remaining down from 80% when I started work.

Soldato
Still loving the phone, battery life is great compared to when I first got at and it runs without any hitches what so ever.

I think Microsoft may of converted me.

Associate
Thanks, got it ! Stupidly I've been looking for that for ages. Still getting used to the phone, but it is a great phone, very happy indeed for the £129 CPW price. Got a giffgaff SIM in there now, so far so good.

Have you been able to send MMS? I don't think WP and Giffgaff get on with these and last time i looked it wasn't possible.

Not an issue as i send pics via email or whatsapp but it would still be handy.

Back
Top Bottom