***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
It'll automatically turn off if bits able to focus on something, it only lights up on any camera if it can't find something in the dark.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Looks like WP8 has themes.

darkoutlookwp8.png

Associate
They're only commenting on the fact that the Mail app (now Outlook) has a dark theme. On WP7 it weirdly has an unchangeable white theme. WP7 has a system wide setting to change from dark to white theme. Obviously the white theme is stupid but hey.

http://www.neowin.net/news/lumia-920-to-be-everything-everywhere-uk-exclusive

Looks like Everything Everywhere (which is what a combined Orange & T-Mobile will be called from today) is getting the 920 as an exclusive. Which is stupid as the iPhone was the only phone to get people to change their network. Silly, silly Nokia.

Associate
[RXP]Andy;22745481 said:
I'm waiting on the simfree handsets.

If it's an EE exclusive then I don't think there will be any?

Big shame really as this was definitely on my maybe list, now I'm down to the Samsung ATIV S and Samsung Galaxy Note II. Will have to see what the other manufacturers announce over the next month or so too.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
If it's an EE exclusive then I don't think there will be any?

Maybe the LTE verison is a EE exclusive. However, I can't see them only selling the handset on just one network.....

If it is ill order one from somewhere in the EU.

Associate
Our friend from Nokia may be able to confirm but I'm 99% sure there's only 1 SKU being sold worldwide which would confirm your fears sorry.

I keep debating whether or not it is a good move on their part. At the moment I'm leaning towards bad :p. For me personally I don't want to change to EE and pay a premium for 4G to get my hands on the 920.

I say that now, bet in a month or so I've changed my mind :D

Soldato
It better be a fing joke that it only goes to the one network, seeing as orange and tmobile are non frigging existant in NI. This would be just about one of the stupidest things Nokia could do.

Associate
I've got a WP7 device at the moment, and I really like it. The Nokia 920 looks to be a really interesting bit of kit, and definitely looks like a good upgrade.

The issue is going to be the EE exclusivity and the push for LTE. If they take their time to roll-out LTE coverage to where I live then I'm not going to spend extra on an LTE contract when it'll be of no use.
This leaves 2 options:
1) Hope that supply the 920 on a (much cheaper) non-LTE contract as well, or
2) Buy a grey-market handset

Associate
I'm pretty certain it means that only EE will be selling them as a carrier with subsidy but they will also be available sim free from resellers otherwise it's another tragic mistake from Nokia.

Associate
I'm pretty certain it means that only EE will be selling them as a carrier with subsidy but they will also be available sim free from resellers otherwise it's another tragic mistake from Nokia.

If they will still sell them SIM free then that would be good for a lot of people on here that want one, but in terms of the general public who I would say mainly buy their phones on contract it doesn't look like the greatest move. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Associate
The Lumia 820 is EE exclusive too.

IMO it's very bad for Nokia. Few people will be thinking "I HAVE TO HAVE A LUMIA" in the same way they did for an iPhone. These devices cost £400-£500 coupled with a premium for LTE on EE means a VERY expensive contract. It's purely an early adopter niche at the moment. And I doubt the data limit will be high enough to make use of LTE properly.

Besides. Once the iPhone 5 is announced it won't be "Nokia Lumia 920 Exclusively On EE" it'll be "iPhone 5 On A Network Designed For It" etc.

Soldato
I would have thought that we will still be able to buy sim free from other well known retailers, if not, then maybe the EU route. Im guessing the exclusivity will be for subsidised contracts and that will be OK..
At least i hope so...

edit
I can still see them listed on retailer sites...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom