***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

• Thread starter Thread starter RSR
  • Start date Start date
Thats good to know, on android all I could do was remove the updates which it then kept prompting me to update again, over mobile data I might add as for some reason it wouldnt let you update via a WiFi connection!

Yes I noticed that, in fairness though these where annoying Samsung inspired apps built into the firmware, Google never made Droid that way.

We really should be comparing night modes and the SGS3 isn't far off. (No high end Xperia? Sony usually have most resolved software engine, shame on the Verge! :D)
I want to see video! :)
SNIP

The s3 isnt to far behind in a far match, but ofc the Nokia is better, now if they only did this from the start I'm sure it would have went down well, it clearly shows their ahead of the game.

Plus, we still have the good stuff to go, iS during filming!
Think I have read that they have adopted some of the RichRecdoing stuff into the 920, it just wasn't mentioned.

It could just be the people that went there didn't have access to a Sony phone? All the phones tested are standard phones people into tech would have, the Sonys less so.

One problem i have , not with the 920 , but with the new iphone is it will be the same old os, yes it will have ios6 but tbh after having my iphone for 3 months i got bored with it , very plain looking os.
Windows 8 is new as with 7.5 , the lumia i have at the moment till 920 is released is a joy to use .

The live tile system really makes the phone come to life and all the apps are themed amazingly well . The people part of the phone makes facebook twitter apps etc reduntent as it does a great job of intergrating everything ;)

It'll be good, if true, but there are a couple of possible downsides:

1) Will LTE coverage be coming to anywhere that's not London any time soon?
2) Will LTE contracts be comparable to existing full spectrum of contracts, or only the premium (£30+ per month) contracts?

We don't know and we don't know.

But LTE will be a premium service so will be expensive.
I don't know what changes they need to make to their equipment. It uses existing bandwidth, but it all depends if it's easy to upgrade to LTE. I expect them to roll it out incredabiy fast, to make the most of their market position.

Hopfully well find more out on the 11th EE to do a confrence and release their new brand
Everything Everywhere, which owns T-Mobile and Orange in the UK, will launch a new network at a branding event in London next week.
The company sent out invites on Friday to its Brand New event, which will be on September 11, on the evening before the iPhone 5 launches in the United States.
EE will also discuss the "latest innovation in network technology," meaning we're likely to hear more about its plans to roll out a 4G LTE network later this year.
The date of the event is significant, because Apple's iPhone 5 is largely expected to be the first to have 4G LTE internet speeds.

Last edited:
I cant see it being cheaper, find it hard to understand how they could do it, they are using a good chip set, new top of the range camera, 32gb, newest screen ( in terms of sensitivity etc), doesnt seem to be a 16 gb model even available.

So aim to sell it in that you get more for you money.
So yea same in terms of a 16gb iPhone, though in a few days, what a iPhone offers for 500 will be something new.

Back
Top Bottom