***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
How do they not have a matching address?...I only imputed in one addy, read again the last bit as I edited.

By matching address they mean the address registered to the credit card and the address you gave them for delivery I imagine.

A lot of companies only ship to the "billing address" which is the address the card is registered to, it the most basic method used to avoid CC fraud.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Cyberport look to have stock of the Black handsets, looking at one of the updates on the other thread.

EDIT.

Opps miss translation. Currently waiting still.

Last edited:
Associate
Phones4u told me they expect a delivery on Tuesday but no guarantee the phone will be in that delivery.

I think it's clear the move is buy the phone from them "unlocked" if it isn't really unlocked and then go to EE and get another phone on contract and sell it to cover the cost on a 12 month tariff.

Soldato
All the numbers on the back obscure.
Did you put your work address, rather than the registered card address, either way, they've failed to verify your address.

Have dont that, still seems odd, I logged in, and checked my address, its the exact same as what the card is issued too.

Associate
What about the warranty? I've read that you knacker the warranty if you don't unlock 'officially' via your carrier. Is that true or a scare tactic?

Well, there's only one unlock code for a phone. The phone uses cryptography and the IMEI (and possibly the network operators ID) are used to generate the unlock code.

All you are doing is entering a number which unlocks the phone much like entering the right combination on a lock or the correct password.

Other more brute force methods will almost certainly risk damage. This is why unlock codes are expensive and cables with special hardware are cheaper.

Associate

kbc

kbc

Associate
Associate
Absolute madness! :D

But I'm also glad about the news of the camera fix. I want one of these already! :cool:

It's a developer model as given out at the Build show. I think it's collectable for that reason.

As for the camera, I think the focus is out in some situations, it's not all the time as there's plenty of good shots around.

The lens in the 920 is wider than other phones and as a result when taking two similar shots the 920 photo will be further out and that in itself can result in less detail since the tester should really walk forward a bit to take the 920 shot. You have to compare at the same focal length.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Gizmodo - Review. LOL - 3 stars because its heavy? SRSLY?

Just for lolz

Should You Buy It?

It kills me to say this, because I wanted to own this instead of an iPhone 5, but no. No you shouldn't. It's too big and heavy. It's not fun to own. It's not enjoyable to use. If you want a Windows Phone, check out the very good HTC 8X. But this? No, not this.

It's just too heavy. Inexcusably heavy. Way, way too heavy to recommend to anyone.

It's just as galling every time you take it out of your pocket—stretched within a micron of its life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom