***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Well i've been following this thread very closely since the supposed 'availability' of this handset was announced.

So thanks to one of the guys here that mentioned it, on Saturday I went ahead and ordered the Black 920 from Cyberport.

Had an email yesterday with the 'system' expected date of Nov 12th, however with what phazeshifterz has posted on WPCentral about the 130 x Black 920's in stock tomorrow, hoping I'm in the first batch - wishful thinking there though I suppose.

On another note, I didn't get emailed asking for Passport/Driving license info - possibly because I paid via PayPal?

Soldato
My P4U now tells me they expect a delivery on Wednesday and I am first on the list.

Don't know if they are just trying to keep me happy or really are expecting some in.

Associate
Just noticed this thread already has more posts than the Lumia 800 thread, and nobody actually has one yet. At this rate, it'll overtake the HD2, Note and Note II within a couple of weeks. It's certainly got people on here talking about Windows Phone (or is there just a dozen of us spamming this thread umpteen times a day?) :p

I'm just refreshing this thread, hoping someone will post photos of one delivered... :D

Same here :p

Add me to this list! :D

I was considering it last week but it's been that much of a fumbled launch I've had enough time to talk myself out of it. :(

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
So your 920 has actually been sent out to you?
Damn my outrageous completely unjustifiable colour prejudices as I just couldn't bring myself to get a yellow phone :eek:

No, I am still waiting at the moment. I asked when I ordered the phone and they confirmed I will be emailed a tracking number. :)

Associate
I called EE earlier about my order and they said it had not been processed yet and took my payment over the phone, this is despite getting an order confirmation last week.

I don't mind the fact that I had to do it again as I changed my plan to 12 months and from the black to white phone but I'd suggest anyone who ordered call them back and check they have processed the order.

They told me stock will arrive Friday and be sent out for delivery "hopefully" on Monday next week.

We will see.

Associate
I know, I was just clinging onto a small grain of hope. I've got to buy the phone use my wife's t-mobile sim to register it to the network then wait 30 days and then get her to request a subsidy pin which can take up to 28 days. Then finally I can stick my voda sim in it. I hope this phone is worth it!

Associate
One thing is for sure, if it is true and the phone is unlocked then I'll never buy anything from Phones4U ever again.

There's still a 14 day cool off period where you can return a contract phone and get your money back (less shipping) so long as you've bought it online that is.

Soldato
[sarcasm] Well it is from a first class source... some random guy went to 6 different P4U's and spoke to 6 different reps, so it must be true [/sarcasm]

My P4U reps literally know jack about the 920.

Soldato
Okay guys, Google translate is having a hard time with the email they had sent me, I think I have the jist of what they are asking but could you guys read it as well and see what you think, certain details omitted of course.
I have added in paragraphs where I THINK they are meant to be.

Dear Mr. cu3ed,
thank you for your order at Cyberport and the trust placed in us so.

you have chosen credit card payment terms.

For orders with this payment term we balance the security of our customers specified address data with the data from the credit card. The charge cards Center enables us unfortunately the simple address matching (yes-no query) not.

We would have liked to work on your order and ask you to give us a send-sided copy of your passport and credit cards.
The first six and the last four digits on the front of your credit card must be legible.
We ask that the rest of your credit card number and the check digit on the back of your credit card to make unrecognizable.
Furthermore, you can be on your obscure identity card details.
Remain legible however, the following information: name, birth date, expiration date, signature, address, date of issue, passport number, and the machine-readable zone on the bottom front (old identity card) or on the back bottom (new passport).

At the following link you can send us the documents safe and a transmit encrypted connection:

Link you dont need to see*

Should you not wish to do so, please send us the documentation, please fax it to +49 (0) 351 - 33 95 797th Please enter your order number **** and account number to ******, since the documents without this information, unfortunately, can not be matched.

After receiving your application, we will give your order immediately to . further editing freely

Would you not send your documents, you have the option to choose an alternative from the following payment

They go on to list paypal etc.

So I scan in my photo part of my Passport, and the credit card front face as images, Deleting the numbers as above ( im handy in photoshop), then do I scan the back but remove/ obscure the LAST THREE security digits? or all 7 of them? And remove my name from the front of the card?

And do not obscure anything on the Passport front?

Would love some help or thoughts on this please!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You address doesn't match you card address, so they want a picture of the card, you an obscure the middle numbers, but must show the first four and last four and obscure the rest, to ensure it can be used as fraud, and a copy of your passport.

I assume the paypal thing is, if you don't wish to send these documents you can use paypal. Probably need confirmed address on paypal account.

Man of Honour
How do they not have a matching address?...I only imputed in one addy, read again the last bit as I edited.

All the numbers on the back obscure.
Did you put your work address, rather than the registered card address, either way, they've failed to verify your address.

Soldato
I went into both the EE and p4u shops during the weekend. There were a few people gathered asking the guy at the EE desk about the 920 but all they said was to look online for the pre-order :/. They didn't seem to have any confirmed dates.

In p4u, they mentioned the phones coming this week but as to whether it was going to be unlocked or not, they just looked at the display sheet and said it was going to be locked to EE, Orange and T-Mobile.

Back
Top Bottom