***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
My T-Mobile contract is up so I rang them, they have white and black in stock if anyone is interested, £36pm £50 for phone.

24 months I presume?

What annoys me is the WWW is such a great resource for spreading information. Facebook, twitter and so on spread information seconds after someone writes it. Yet can T-Mobile and Orange put a phone on their website? nope!

Associate
Those 24 month contracts don't make sense. Firstly WP8 handsets are only guaranteed support for 18 months.

Secondly the price doesn't drop enough to justify the long contract.

24 months @ £36 + £50 = £914.

12 months @ £51 + £49 = £661.

Then after 12 months drop to a SIM only deal for 12 months. Example £15 x 12 on top = £180, grand total of £841. Plus the freedom to change your handset a year earlier.

Man of Honour
That will be at a premium though if it comes out.

Yep no issues here with that.
Would rather spend extra and have something wich is more usefull, than save money and be gimped. I'm not fond of this mentality of going spzero basement prices even if it means you can't do what you want. Take the nexus 4 thread, so many people going not enough memory can't do what I want with it, but are buying it anyway. Why? Why buy something when you can't do what you want.

Man of Honour
Yep no issues here with that.
Would rather spend extra and have something wich is more usefull, than save money and be gimped. I'm not fond of this mentality of going spzero basement prices even if it means you can't do what you want. Take the nexus 4 thread, so many people going not enough memory can't do what I want with it, but are buying it anyway. Why? Why buy something when you can't do what you want.

Think you're exaggerating on the so many people, there are actually very few that have stated they explicitly need more than 16gb.

Man of Honour
Think you're exaggerating on the so many people, there are actually very few that have stated they explicitly need more than 16gb.

There's a fair few who have said it. Some are even talking about carrying extra equipment around to compensate.
For those who don't need space it's a fantastic phone at a fantastic phone. I just don't get why people know there requirements and still say they will buy it. I'm by no mean signaling out the nexus, this is applies to most products. Same applies to people saying that due to lack of avilabilty they're looking at the 8x despite half the storage.

And people buying the 16gb iPads, despite majour concerns on storage, just to save a bit of money. If needed wait an extra 4 weeks and pay the extra. Rather than buy a non upgradable device and be disappointed in a month when it's full.

Last edited:
Associate
My T-Mobile contract is up so I rang them, they have white and black in stock if anyone is interested, £36pm £50 for phone.

so tempted but really want to wait for the red one. Fingers crossed they launch on Friday or I might bite the bullet and get the white one. Phone died 2 weeks ago feel so lost without a smart phone; not having emails on the go.

Don
I don't get what all the fuss is about the weight. Yes, it's heavy compared to most smartphones on the market at the moment. It's about 40g heavier than an iPhone4 but it's lighter than most smartphones from a few years ago and no one complained about those.

920 - 182g
HTC Tytn II - 190g
Toshiba G900 - 198g

Associate
There's a fair few who have said it. Some are even talking about carrying extra equipment around to compensate.
For those who don't need space it's a fantastic phone at a fantastic phone. I just don't get why people know there requirements and still say they will buy it. I'm by no mean signaling out the nexus, this is applies to most products. Same applies to people saying that due to lack of avilabilty they're looking at the 8x despite half the storage.

Sometimes you can tolerate a limitation if it is much cheaper. You can then buy another handset in 6 to 12 months.

Associate
The weight thing is interesting...maybe it feels heavier than previous phones because of the size? A smaller heavy thing is easier to use/carry than a bigger heavy thing obviously.

I can't imagine it's as bad as they say though and personally I find the iphone 5 too light.

Back
Top Bottom