***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
From Shapeshifterz (Cyberport),

Info: The 130x Lumias have arrived and will be shipped today to the first 130 preorders. If you are one of them, you should get a shipping note till this evening.

We also got 50x Lumia 820 black. just for info.
18 pieces in stock at the moment.
greetz

BANG!

Caporegime
lol what a company! T-Mobile's website has that horrid EE bar at the bottom of the page now as well!

P4U tweeted me back.

What's the hold up with the Nokia 920? WP8 software issues? @Phones4u

@azza_m Hi Aron, we're sorry for the delay. We're not able to comment on this I'm afraid but we're working with Nokia & EE to get this out

@azza_m to our pre-order customers and our stores asap - I'm hoping we'll have a further update for you this week. Thanks, Liz.

"We're not able to comment" ... in other words EE or Nokia ain't happy with the software. :D

edit-------------->

Another interesting Tweet from P4U

@Phones4u

Yes! Only selected stores will be ranging the red version of this handset though.

What the heck is going on?!

Last edited:
Soldato
If there are software issues that can't be fixed with a simple update once the users have their phones, what happens to the people that are buying them sim free from Germany?

Associate
If there are software issues that can't be fixed with a simple update once the users have their phones, what happens to the people that are buying them sim free from Germany?

Each operator has the ability to veto a handset if it doesn't meet their standards. In the UK an operator rejected the Sony 'Playstation phone' and told them to fix some bugs.

The operator gets the flak first if there's a bug that causes problems.

Since WP8 supports OTA updates getting an update will be easy, no cables.

Soldato
Each operator has the ability to veto a handset if it doesn't meet their standards. In the UK an operator rejected the Sony 'Playstation phone' and told them to fix some bugs.

The operator gets the flak first if there's a bug that causes problems.

Since WP8 supports OTA updates getting an update will be easy, no cables.

I knew I should have just ordered from ze germans!

Thinking I could walk out of a shop with one is just stupid these days I guess.

Soldato
I don't get the fuss about the weight. It weights less than my DHD + case which is hardly cumbersome to use. Perhaps it's because we've been blessed with super light-weight phones these last two years that going back to heavier phones are putting those reviewers off. Oh well, if that's its only flaw, then I look forward to owning one.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't get the fuss about the weight. It weights less than my DHD + case which is hardly cumbersome to use. Perhaps it's because we've been blessed with super light-weight phones these last two years that going back to heavier phones are putting those reviewers off. Oh well, if that its only flaw, then I look forward to owning one.

It's Apple's fault. Whatever they do seems to become the benchmark. Even Samsung decided to produce a smaller S3 (S3 mini) because the iPhone 5 was smaller.

Man of Honour
I doubt it has anything to do with buggy software, if it is a software issue, it'll be that it's either unlocked or to easy to unlock.

Associate
Went into the EE Bristol store today and they are fairly confident they will get the 920 in on the 15th. Think I've decided to go for the 12 Month 3GB 4G contract as taking into account the handset cost it work out at just over £16 a month. Just a shame it means i'll have to settle for black instead of white :( might contact P4U and just check that they are willing to lose a customer instead of offer the same 12 month deal as EE.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
I think its more than likey to be EE thats at fault as Nokia are starting to deliver handsets to ze Germans and a number of users have the phones in Canada etc..

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23110690 said:
I think its more than likey to be EE thats at fault as Nokia are starting to deliver handsets to ze Germans and a number of users have the phones in Canada etc..

It'll be an EE problem for sure. Or like others have said, a problem with the order such as the phones being unlocked.

I imagine they also prime the phone with operator branded boot screens and default settings such as the APN, MMS etc?

Associate
Handtec have the Ativ S for £431. Always liked Samsung phones and it's got the biggest screen, biggest battery and is the thinnest of the 3. Probably a better choice over the HTC. The only thing holding me back is the Nokia's camera and the extra software like Nokia drive, but I don't know how much of this waiting I can put up with!

Associate
Handtec have the Ativ S for £431. Always liked Samsung phones and it's got the biggest screen, biggest battery and is the thinnest of the 3. Probably a better choice over the HTC. The only thing holding me back is the Nokia's camera and the extra software like Nokia drive, but I don't know how much of this waiting I can put up with!

Samsung's support is the worst though.

Soldato

Sort of feel the same way, good screen, replaceable battery, SD card support, all things that I consider essential. It is weird that everything has changed for me this time round as after years of installing ROMs to get rid of manufacturer bloat, Im now buying a phone for the pre-installed software that Nokia provide :confused:
I also cant work out why I loved my SG3 and hate the design of the ATIV S

Man of Honour
The only drawback with the ativ s, is lack of 4g support.

32gb option and sd card oh yes, lack of 4g :( which means it would more than likely need to be replaced in 6-9months.

Back
Top Bottom