***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Man of Honour
Cants e any price for the charging docks. However it qi tabard so any qi whirls charging pa will work.

However I did come across this :), its for the Nokia upright stand. Yes please, open a clock app.
Here is a little known fact which slipped past us these last two weeks.

It appears Nokia’s Wireless Charging Stand is not just a dumb wireless charger, but also comes with a NFC tag which will launch an app you specify automatically when you place it there.

This would for example let you automatically launch a clock application at work or say Xbox Smartglass at home without needing to do anything besides dropping it in the cradle.

Nokia has not priced this accessory yet, but it is this kind of innovation which will make the gadget worth the price.

Soldato
Very much beg to differ there, my dad got a Nokia Lumia 610 a few days ago and I was very surprised at how well it run considering the hardware, I've used lots of cheap android phones in my time and the Lumia 610 was miles ahead of any of them even some mid tier android phones.

Didnt mean in terms of speed or anything, just that a lot of apps wont run on it. Out of interest why didnt you go for the 710, its around £99 and its a better phone over all.

Really amazing price considering what it packs inside, thought the X8 was really good at £400, but this really beats it hands down.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
How safe is that site?

I may wait for CPW, P4U or Amazon as rather order it from a known retailer.

Last edited:
Associate
Didnt mean in terms of speed or anything, just that a lot of apps wont run on it. Out of interest why didnt you go for the 710, its around £99 and its a better phone over all.

I didn't have any input, just saw him one day and he had got the Lumia 610, I would have told him to get the 710 otherwise though, but after seeing the 610 it's much better than I thought it'd be and it'll be fine for his needs, so far all the apps he has downloaded are 256mb compatible and I've had a look through the marketplace myself on it and can't hardly find any apps that require more than 256mb of ram.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to say I'm getting more and more sold on WP8 (and this handset in particular).
I knew nothing about WP last week but having done a little research into available apps I see pretty much all of my big android time wasters are already out for WP. Very much liking the consumer preview of Windows 8 aswell so its win win! Just look forward to getting one in my hands so i can see if the screen is really all that.

Back
Top Bottom