***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
Is this a hunch or do you have tangible evidence for such a thought? :D

Just a Hunch, the 920 started at £500+ and then once we saw £400 8X the prices came down, I think the up take of these devices wont be great and well see a price war starting off, just like it is in windows desktop or laptops right now.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
To be honest, the main reason to get the Lumia over HTC is the camera and wireless charging right? Both of these things are worth £100 to me, especially the camera. The camera in this phone is as good as some middle range handhelds.

Soldato
To be honest, the main reason to get the Lumia over HTC is the camera and wireless charging right? Both of these things are worth £100 to me, especially the camera. The camera in this phone is as good as some middle range handhelds.

For me its 32gb of storage too, and the Nokia support, it is a rather chunky phone but I can over look that for the rest of the things it gives. The Camera is just as good as the others, but then when it comes to low light it blows everything out of the water due to that IOS, which smartphones should all have soon, it is a proven and more or less default thing in any good camera.

I like the size of the 8X more, being 4.3" not anything about it being thinner, just like that size ever since I got my S2, but I can easily change.

Associate
After feeling burned for getting a WP7 phone (Samsung Omnia) I really shouldn't be interested in WP8 but I love the U.I my biggest issue has really been the lack of apps but I suppose I'm over that now.

The camera is the most appealing aspect of the device as there's little else to differentiate from the others bar design and Nokia exclusivity on a fair few services. If you're going WP8 you're almost forced to pick Nokia at this point (I remember reading they also had an exclusive deal with EA for WP apps..) why Microsoft would want such a deal to exist is beyond me but maybe it's just hear say.

kbc

kbc

Associate
After feeling burned for getting a WP7 phone (Samsung Omnia) I really shouldn't be interested in WP8 but I love the U.I my biggest issue has really been the lack of apps but I suppose I'm over that now.

The camera is the most appealing aspect of the device as there's little else to differentiate from the others bar design and Nokia exclusivity on a fair few services. If you're going WP8 you're almost forced to pick Nokia at this point (I remember reading they also had an exclusive deal with EA for WP apps..) why Microsoft would want such a deal to exist is beyond me but maybe it's just hear say.

I hope like with iOS, they will have EA games on the WP8 platform. As much as I love Android, FIFA12 is so cut down from the iOS version, it's a joke.

Man of Honour
I hope like with iOS, they will have EA games on the WP8 platform. As much as I love Android, FIFA12 is so cut down from the iOS version, it's a joke.

EA have allready said they're going to support it, and there's no chance they'll be exclusive to Nokia.

I think there's a lot of miss information and rumors, mainly as Ms have said so little, still find all the details out at the end off the month.

Edit - wow looks like Nokias been hard at work with companies, great thing for wp8
http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-reveals-upcoming-exclusive-apps-and-games-lumia-windows-phones

That's where I reckon you got the exclusive EA thing, however it doesn't say exclusive for most of the apps talked about, so I doubt they are exclusive at all.

Last edited:

Izi

Izi

Soldato
EE is fine with me, I wanted T-mobile anyway. T-mobile and Orange share networks so for me gives the best coverage. O2 and Voda should think about doing the same.

Soldato
AFAIK, it's the LTE version that's via EE, whilst the HSDPA version is for any network that'd take it.

I'm using my Lumia 800 now with Orange and I suspect, I'll hang fire till after Christmas before I get one. Partly because I'm skint, but I also want to make sure it is definitely the phone to get. I really hope the uptake for Windows Phone burst into the millions!

Back
Top Bottom