***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
I know they have done it before, they did it with the SGS2 and the l800, I know as I had orders with them and doing the juggling act to see who came in best price siim free on hand sets and accessories. They always had stupid high guess-ti-mates.

Not sure on what they might be, but anything more for the plate that £30 would be just stupid.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
£60 is steep, but at least it aint £30 for just a cable like the new iPhone 5s. There is some tech in those chargers.

Soldato
Agreed - but lets wait and see what the actual price ends up as.
At 60 quid I will buy one, but only one, as I have set aside 600 for the phone so have some budget left, but if they seriously want wireless charging to take off, then they will need to drop the prices or no-one will use them.

At least they are using QI, so ebay can provide a cheaper method of buying charging deices, just not with the added NFC tag capability

Man of Honour
At least they are using QI, so ebay can provide a cheaper method of buying charging deices, just not with the added NFC tag capability

A simple solution, just affix a couple of quid NFC sticker to it.
However I can't see you getting it much cheaper.
I can only find one qi charger(energizer), not sure what its RRP is, but even that's selling for 38.99 and the double one for 75. Not sure if that's high or low power qi, there's two standards depending on power needed. Nokia is high power one.
Are biggest hope is shops thowing it in as a package deal.

Hopfully china will start doing some cheap knock offs. I love eBay and china goods, just hate the 30 day wait for it to arrive.

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like those prices are official! Notice the usage of the word "received". In other words they didn't just make them up.

So.

Nokia Lumia 820 wireless charging shell – £16.66 (£19.99 inc. VAT)
Nokia Lumia 820/920 wireless charging plate – £48.83 (£54.99 inc. VAT)
Nokia Lumia 820/920 wireless charging stand – £58.32 (£69.99 inc. VAT)
Nokia Lumia 820/920 wireless charging pillow by Fatboy – £66.66 (£79.99 inc. VAT)
Nokia JBL Playup portable wireless speaker – £120.83 (£144.99 inc. VAT)

Which means nobody in their right mind will be using this tech. £55 just to not plug a cable in is hilarious!

Also from Neowin:

On the other side of the Atlantic, a brick dropped out of the wall of silence this morning as Nokia France revealed official SIM-free, off-contract pricing for the two handsets there. As French Windows Phone site Professeur Thibault reported today, Nokia has confirmed that the Lumia 920 will be priced at €649 EUR ($840 USD / £525 GBP), while the Lumia 820 will be available for €499 EUR ($645 USD / £405 GBP).

DOA.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
They are just RRP prices, take the SGS3 for example that had a simlar RRP on release. However, it can be found from various place on the Internet for a lot less.

That said, how many people buy their phones sim free. At a guess not a huge amount, so the contract pricing is going to be interesting.

Also these are French prices, we are still waiting on the official UK prices at the moment.

The wireless charging plates etc... Aren't going to be cheap at first as they are new tech to the market. Look at apple for example they charge £30 for a cable.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
I am defiantly interested in the charging pad / pillow, I am sure CPW / P4U should be able to do a deal on these if they are bought together.

Man of Honour
I'm surprised about this reserch, how is Samsung so high as well as the interest for wp8
https://uk.fab.com/events/?utm_sour...utm_term=high_value&utm_content=generic#apply

Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT ) is only days away from releasing Windows Phone 8, the mobile counterpart to its long-awaited PC and tablet operating system. Advertisements are beginning to leak online, but the general public has yet to be exposed to the Windows Phone 8 platform. Despite this, it seems as if the pre-release hype has gone a long way in helping Microsoft raise the level of interest for Windows Phone 8. In a new study by ChangeWave Research , researchers reveal that nine percent of consumers are "Likely" to buy a Windows Phone 8 device. (Two percent say they are "Very Likely," while seven percent said they are "Somewhat Likely.")
"Considering marketing has yet to begin, these findings show Windows Phone 8 will likely have a substantial impact on the smartphone industry," Dr. Paul Carton, ChangeWave's VP of Research, said in an e-mail announcing the results.
Among those who plan to buy a Windows Phone 8 device, 36 percent said that they are most interested in the way the platform integrates with Windows apps and other Windows devices. ChangeWave also found that nearly half (45 percent) of those consumers do not know which Windows Phone 8 manufacturer they will choose. But the majority of those who have decided (51 percent) said they will buy a Samsung device.
As a result, ChangeWave believes that Samsung is positioned to gain the most from Window Phone 8's upcoming release. Nokia (NYSE: NOK ) came in second with 35 percent of the votes, followed by HTC (seven percent) and the ambiguous "Other" category (six percent).
Separately, ChangeWave conducted a survey to gauge the level of satisfaction among smartphone users. Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) ranked number-one with 71 percent of its users saying that they were very satisfied with their current smartphone. Samsung came in second, garnering a 49 percent satisfaction rating, followed by Motorola (43 percent), HTC (41 percent), Nokia (37 percent) and Research In Motion (NASDAQ: RIMM ) (23 percent).

Read more: http://community.nasdaq.com/News/20...h-in-motion.aspx?storyid=181148#ixzz297JWrxwy

Also loads of rumors about veriszon getting exclusivity on the rumored lumia 922, the 41mp true pureview phone, however the phone looks horrible with the. Huge sensors, plus i wouldn't be interested anyway.

imagebdl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
^ That is as I expected, out of HTC, Samsung, and Nokia right now Samsung has the biggest hype/fan base. I think all the amazing things in the 920 won't be more improtant to the end user. Right now its either Apple or Samsung, no one else matters as much as those. Which shows right here, Samsung phone has 0 effort, is the worst build out of the 3, worst looking, yet 51% of people want it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom