***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
This phone looks awesome! I would love to return to nokia and say good bye to my iphone 4. I am pretty much sold as long as there is decent app support so that I am not degrading my current phone functionality..

Soldato
sunlight readability is a big thing , i hate the new phones where you need to cup your hands over them to read anything outside .The Lumia 800 is the best phone i have had for seeing outside in sun so i can only imagine that they have improved the tech ..... the onex has a ips panel and it is gueorgeouslishishsss

Soldato
Yup, Nokia faked the images too....

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_920_sample_images_found_to_be_fake_as_well-news-4769.php

Having that flash on to focus helped surely. They should have compared it to the other phones with flash on - the flash is there for a reason.

Still very impressed.

It's all about the the F2.0 lens and hardware IS.

You can see the advantage of a low aperture lens with the One X/S (like this test) but the 920 can also add super low shutter speed.
(Note: this is actually bad when you're trying to capture something that's moving a bit)

The best application of IS is smooth video.

Caporegime
I imagine the S3 shot with the flash on would be overexposed. But until people get review units we won't really know :p

I can't see Nokia lying too much about the camera ability or there will be a big backlash. Using another camera to film an advert is one thing, faking an actual test shot....

In before stupid price! :D

Im guessing £500-600 depending on memory? Standard smartphone price.

Soldato
If they want it to sell with no current marketshare they will be forced to price it under the competition just like the previous w7 phones, if it's not priced at the £30/month free phone area in the UK I'll eat my hat. As they said, 10% marketshare by End 2013 is probably achievable if they keep putting out devices like this but it's going to be uphill. I imagine the RIM offices are pretty grim right now.

Nokia's stock was hit pretty hard over this launch, a lot more than i was expecting to be honest (16% drop yesterday, continuing now) but with the release date this far away I guess it was going to happen. Kinda odd that they felt forced to announce this so early, I mean apple's going to have the iphone 5 ready for sale within the month and this phone will still probably not even have a price.

Camera tech is really cool though aside from the Fake everything, CZ should expand out of just Nokia if you ask me. The promenade video is super.

Soldato
Yup, Nokia faked the images too....

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_920_sample_images_found_to_be_fake_as_well-news-4769.php

It's all about the the F2.0 lens and hardware IS.

You can see the advantage of a low aperture lens with the One X/S (like this test) but the 920 can also add super low shutter speed.
(Note: this is actually bad when you're trying to capture something that's moving a bit)

The best application of IS is smooth video.

AFAIK they also use a "pre-focus light" which is why all these night shots are unnatural light, to the point that it seems like its not so dark outside, it leads to great photos but it also looks so weird.

But fake photos and videos is stupid when the tech is already so good :S.

Back
Top Bottom