***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
If you've got to ask whether or not yellow is girly, you need to man up :p

Exactly, is a yellow Ferrari girly? :)

Personally give me the red one. Although I'm sure I saw it advertised as lipstick red argh! :o

Although now I come to think about it, I'm thinking of Simon's yellow Fiat car in the Inbetweeners :)

Soldato
A very rare wander in to the mobile phones section of the forum from me....Is the lumia 920 looking like the one to get for windows 8 release phones?

Currently using a samsung omnia 7 on the last month of my contract (well timed on the release microsoft!) and work have offered to buy my new phone outright and have me just pay the contract as i use it 50/50 as it is. Thinking of getting this one but to save me going through 29 pages of posts, what's the overall opinion so far? :p

Associate
A very rare wander in to the mobile phones section of the forum from me....Is the lumia 920 looking like the one to get for windows 8 release phones?

It is the most feature rich, has the best camera and Nokia's support tends to be the best. You get Nokia Drive (Sat Nav), Maps and other extras that are exclusive to Nokia phones.

HTC's phone looks okay although I think their support will be poorer.

There were hacks with WP7 to allow people to access the Nokia apps, but I think WP8 will be more secure and so that won't happen for quite some time if ever.

Samsung apparently have the worst support of the big Windows Phone OEMs.

Soldato
Samsung apparently have the worst support of the big Windows Phone OEMs.

Yea from my experiences of this current phone im on there's no way i'd go with a samsung again for a while. Having to turn the 3G off to use wireless and vice versa....incredibly irritating bug that they never bothered to fix or give any answers for. My friend has a lumia windows 7 phone and loves it, so I'm feeling confident about nokia this time.

Soldato
TO be clear, Nokia Maps/ Drive will be a feature of ALL WINDOWS 8 PHONES, so buy a Samsung ATv, and itll have the nokia Drive/ Maps system on it.

The few big differences lies with the screen ( you can use it with gloves) higher refresh rate, plus so far Nokias Clear Black has yielded the best results imo.
Of course the camera, ill assume you know about the Optical stabilisation.
Then things like NFC, Wireless charging etc.
Plus lots of in camera photo apps that look to be exclusive to Nokia.
I believe the big release date is really about Nov5th I have seen about some sites.

Associate
Yea from my experiences of this current phone im on there's no way i'd go with a samsung again for a while. Having to turn the 3G off to use wireless and vice versa....incredibly irritating bug that they never bothered to fix or give any answers for. My friend has a lumia windows 7 phone and loves it, so I'm feeling confident about nokia this time.

I've got a Lumia 800 I've had for a few months, I bought it used to try the OS out before investing in the newer handsets.

I'd had a iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 before but found that the OS wasn't moving on much and there's lots of small annoyances that started to grate.

Double clicking the home button for instance, double clicks have no place on a mobile and is just a workaround for only having single button. My home button started to play up towards the end.

Also, why do I need to keep entering my password every single time I update apps?

Glad to say the WP7 OS has none of these annoyances, it just lacks one crucial thing, screen rotation lock.

The reception on the Nokia is much better than the iPhone, especially in the part of Stafford I'm in since I only usually get 2G and voice calls. The iPhone would break up or drop calls, the Lumia doesn't.

Associate

Currently using a samsung omnia 7 on the last month of my contract (well timed on the release microsoft!) and work have offered to buy my new phone outright and have me just pay the contract as i use it 50/50 as it is. Thinking of getting this one but to save me going through 29 pages of posts, what's the overall opinion so far? :p

It looks good, the HTC 8X might be slightly more comfortable to hold and may sound better but we can't confirm until it's out and in all other regards the 920 should be better. Also take into consideration there should be more handsets coming, the 8X supposedly isn't HTC's flagship Windows Phone.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Lumia 920 pre-orders performing well in France and Italy

The Lumia 920 has gradually become available for pre-order through retailers and the like, but we've not yet been able to confirm globally what carriers will be stocking Windows Phones, except for those who have made the information publicly available. As for the number of pre-orders that have taken place, well ... that's another piece of information that we don't possess.

Fortunately, NokiaPowerUser has noticed some positive signs on both the French Phone House and Italian NStore websites. According to Phone House's top 50 mobile phones chart the Lumia 920 is the champion, and at NStore the Windows Phone is no longer available (sold out).

WP Central - Click Here

Soldato
P4U have the 920 up on their site, but only for registering an interest..
CW have the 820 up - but no sign of the 920 :confused:
Expansys, handtech and clove have the 920 for preorder, but no sign of the cyan version anywhere :mad:
Im going to wait another week, if there is no sign of the cyan, I will pre-order from one of the 3 as I don't want to miss out getting one waiting for CW/P4U to list in the hope of getting a bundle deal..

Really wish I could find the cyan listed somewhere as that is the one I want - nokia have teased with pictures, but no-one seems to have any..

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
P4U have the 920 up on their site, but only for registering an interest..
CW have the 820 up - but no sign of the 920 :confused:
Expansys, handtech and clove have the 920 for preorder, but no sign of the cyan version anywhere :mad:
Im going to wait another week, if there is no sign of the cyan, I will pre-order from one of the 3 as I don't want to miss out getting one waiting for CW/P4U to list in the hope of getting a bundle deal..

Really wish I could find the cyan listed somewhere as that is the one I want - nokia have teased with pictures, but no-one seems to have any..

I noticed that about P4U / CPW.

What's the safest beat Expansys, Handtech or Clove?

On a different note, I noticed the French version of CPW are bundling wireless chargers with the L920

Associate
Doesn't require your password now, only on new apps.

I don't have an iPhone any more and my iPad 1 can't run iOS6.

Apple are on the decline now, it's amazing how much better the Nokia 920 is. Apple used to offer something for the premium price, now they can't even do a phone that you can put in your pocket without a case.

Associate
[RXP]Andy;22980988 said:
I noticed that about P4U / CPW.

What's the safest beat Expansys, Handtech or Clove?

On a different note, I noticed the French version of CPW are bundling wireless chargers with the L920

Expansys and Clove were always slightly more expensive than everywhere else. I've no experience of Handtech. I would go with Clove rather than Expansys.

I personally think everyone is just guessing the UK price right now, here is is closer to £500

http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim....html?osCsid=663c20919d07a2712574efbb3fb8e46a

Back
Top Bottom