***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
I've used Handtech and Clove before without any issues..

I think a few people on here are waiting for CW/P4U in case they do bundled free chargers, Im more worried about the lack of a cyan model anywhere, makes me think it might be a EE exclusive? no proof of that, just a hunch..

Soldato
The cyan was a late addition as people asked for it. The only place that's confirmed for getting it is state side as I have seen. The UK will see it next year I expect.

Soldato
It's looking like it, I would be VERY surprised if it arrived for launch to be honest.

What I do think has happened is that it will be with us far sooner than they had planned, im thinking they where going to hold off for a while as colours can boost halfway sales.
From my understanding is they did hear the feedback about their being no Cyan version and have announced it.

Caporegime
Please have Yellow and Red! There are too many phones that are/were available in multiple colours but were only ever sold on contract in the boring ones.

I'd definitely choose either the Yellow or Red out of the colours (including Cyan - off blue isn't my thing), although I have a bright Red jacket, both may clash... ;)

Associate
Only just really noticed the 920 if I'm honest but watching some of the videos I am extremely impressed. Hopefully, by the time my contract's up for renewal in December there will be some good reports of how WP8 holds up against Android.

At the minute the Note II is edging ahead but the 920's camera looks quite far ahead of any other phone at the moment.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't have an iPhone any more and my iPad 1 can't run iOS6.

Apple are on the decline now, it's amazing how much better the Nokia 920 is. Apple used to offer something for the premium price, now they can't even do a phone that you can put in your pocket without a case.

The number of issues with the latest iPhone (minor or major) is quite shocking but this really isn't something new about Apple. The real strength of the iPhone is not its hardware but its ecosystem and we're still waiting for answers about Windows Phone's so I wouldn't count out Apple just yet.

Although I'm expecting the iPhone 5 S to be the most boring launch ever now they've locked themselves into a new screen size but it'll take a few years of some real bad missteps before it's a serious issue to them.

Man of Honour
The trouble with these sales "figures" is it only shows a snap shot.
Iphone5 will be at the top off the charts for months at the minimum. Few other phones can do that, once the excitement of it has worn off and it's a month or two old.

Associate
Glad to say the WP7 OS has none of these annoyances, it just lacks one crucial thing, screen rotation lock.

As silly as it sounds this is one the thing that is worrying me about moving from Android to WP8. I heard though that you can get a third party app which turns off/on auto rotation? I find it amazing that such a basic feature has still not been implemented and by all accounts there is still no sign of it in WP8 ?

Associate
As silly as it sounds this is one the thing that is worrying me about moving from Android to WP8. I heard though that you can get a third party app which turns off/on auto rotation? I find it amazing that such a basic feature has still not been implemented and by all accounts there is still no sign of it in WP8 ?

You somehow need to tell the OS not to bother notifying of rotation change. So it requires an API feature to support it, you can't just write an app that would do it as there is no function to call.

So this is why until now the rotation lock apps have been for people with fully unlocked phones.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
Hey guys have you heard the news?

Yeah me neither. Nokia / EE PR should be shot. Its 2 weeks from launch, no news :(

Associate
Hey guys have you heard the news?

Yeah me neither. Nokia / EE PR should be shot. Its 2 weeks from launch, no news :(

Their VP of marketing already resigned. Wait until the 29th Oct for the official WP8 launch then we'll get more details.

In the meantime your existing phone will still work.

Associate
I prefer the yellow 920, looks nice, good screen, and didn't feel that cumbersome/heavy in the hand (tad bigger and heavier than an iPhone 4). Will still stick to my iPhone 4 for now though :)

Back
Top Bottom