***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23003508 said:
I am guessing they are under NDA from MS still.

Yep! As I said in the Nokia doo doo thread their problem is still on the software side. The 920 has been ready to go for ages it's just Microsoft that's the problem. As Windows Phone 8 hasn't even been officially announced yet :eek:

*Edit*

Actually it could also be due to EE as well. Part of the exclusivity agreement etc.

Last edited:
Associate
Pricing has been released in Germany, France and Italy. Pre-orders have sold out in Italy.

So it's not NDA, it's down to the idiotic discussions over exclusivity in the UK. I suspect Nokia is holding out for the maximum fee.

But as others have said on the web, exclusivity doesn't work as you need one operator to sell four times as much instead of the same amount sold by four operators.

Man of Honour
You won't get prices till EE announce pricing, and that's expected on Tuesday. So we could well here then.If EE get their thumbs out their ****

Associate
You won't get prices till EE announce pricing, and that's expected on Tuesday. So we could well here then.If EE get their thumbs out their ****

Will see what happens then. The last thing Nokia needs is an EE 4G contract exclusive on the 920. I don't know how much 4G will be but £40 a month for 2 years would be ridiculous given the very limited 4G coverage.

Soldato
Will see what happens then. The last thing Nokia needs is an EE 4G contract exclusive on the 920. I don't know how much 4G will be but £40 a month for 2 years would be ridiculous given the very limited 4G coverage.

This would be the only thing stopping me from getting the 920. Crazy if they do this.

Man of Honour
Nokia has never sold well in America.
Mobile pricing in America is vastly different as well. Contracts and pay as you go are stupid prices.
It's one thing in uk we pay very little for.

Associate
Nokia has never sold well in America.
Mobile pricing in America is vastly different as well. Contracts and pay as you go are stupid prices.
It's one thing in uk we pay very little for.

Which is why it is strange they are treating the UK customers so badly.

$599 SIM free in the US, £374!!!

Soldato
Well this is the whole reason why EE would want the 920 on an exclusive deal.

Even the US operators have pricing and Nokia's sell very little over there. You even get the choice of contract or "unactivated" as they put it (SIM free).

http://wpsuperfanboy.com/news.php?post_id=636

I really hope not. I love the look of this phone and I really want to try WP8. No other handset running WP8 interests me at all, I know options are limited at the minute and more will be announced but I'm not one for waiting. If this happens, not only will Nokia lose out but so will WP8 and I'll more than likely end up with another Android device.

Man of Honour
Which is why it is strange they are treating the UK customers so badly.

$599 SIM free in the US, £374!!!

You forget tax and the fact prices aren't the same and we haven't got a price yet. As its an EE exclusive I bet Nokia have to wait till EE announce contracts before issuing sim free.

Man of Honour
But Samsung don't have an exclusive deal and even the ones with an exclusive deal aren't with EE and have released details etc.

EE is different as its "new" and they haven't released the details yet.

It's almost certainly going to be around £470 sim free.

Clove isn't a good site to pick, they had the 920 up for pre order a while ago and the ativ s price as far as I can see has not been confirmed at all in uk.

Last edited:
Associate
But Samsung don't have an exclusive deal and even the ones with an exclusive deal aren't with EE and have released details etc.

EE is different as its "new" and they haven't released the details yet.

It's almost certainly going to be around £470 sim free.

Clove isn't a good site to pick, they had the 920 up for pre order a while ago and the ativ s price as far as I can see has not been confirmed at all in uk.

I'm just pointing out that it's not a Microsoft NDA or anything else holding this up, it is purely Nokia and their rather crazy deals.

I'm a software developer by trade and have thought about writing apps for Windows Phone, even the SDK for WP8 is under wraps. Then they wonder why they have single digit market share.

You have to make things easy for people these days.

kbc

kbc

Associate
...I wrote a rather angry reply, not that it make a bit of difference. It's a shame there's nothing quite as good as the 920 or I'd go elsewhere.

LoL. You did exactly what I did when they were launching the Lumia 900. I wrote a not-so angry but more impatient reply to them stating the fact that they were slow with release dates, pricing etc...and that I could happily have gone for the Samsung/HTC. Yep they responded! But they may as well had not.

This exclusivity is annoying, but let's see come the end of this month. I also read the article you linked to and to be honest I agree with it.

I don't like waiting, especially when I've got clarity on the other devices that are coming out.

Associate
Yep same, I worry for Nokia sadly :(

I think 2013 will be their final year as a smartphone maker. Their feature phone business is profitable, it's the smartphones that are tanking and it's no wonder.

I could run that division better than Stephen Elop. Symbian wasn't a burning platform, it just needed modernising.

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato

I don't like waiting, especially when I've got clarity on the other devices that are coming out.

Im struggling to understand what yoru problem is here, you know give or take its going to be about £500, whats the problem?
You can pre-Order right now to have you behind first in teh queue, ive found Hand Tec very good at keeping up their prices to the known market one on release day.
Its barley over a week till the big show begins and we get to see EVERYTHING, you REALLY cannot wait that long and let MS have a huge day to release everything to the world?

Last edited:
Soldato
I think 2013 will be their final year as a smartphone maker. Their feature phone business is profitable, it's the smartphones that are tanking and it's no wonder.

I could run that division better than Stephen Elop. Symbian wasn't a burning platform, it just needed modernising.

Their going to be fine, really, get a grip.
If you wanna get teary eyes about a company go shed them for Sony right now.

Back
Top Bottom