***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Just rang orange and the best upgrade they could do for me was:

Unlimited minutes (I don't even need 200 minutes tbh)
Unlimited texts
1gb
Bt wifi
£40 for the Lumia 920

EDIT: forgot to add, for a £36 a month contract.

I'm thinking they can do better and I should be able to get the handset for free.

Can I get a better deal if I could through to rententions? The guy on the phone says they don't do deals there anymore, just cut you off but I'm thinking this is bs.

Also only the black Lumia 920 is showing on their systems atm but they should be getting more colours.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
In that case looks like EE aren't exclusive.
Hopfully now EE have made up their mind, we can get prices.
Looks like Nokia laughed at them in the end then. Seeing as you've had an offer from orange and more importantly its missing from EE pricing.

Caporegime
Well I'm still on hold.

Spoke to an online agent at Vodafone and they pretty much said they'll have it, and the same with O2 agent but a bit less subtle saying they can't communicate anything because it hasn't been released by Nokia yet.

Man of Honour
SO I guess im screwed, I Was happy to get this on contract, and if the 920 is tied down to the EE network, I guess thats it then.

Well I'm still on hold.

Spoke to an online agent at Vodafone and they pretty much said they'll have it, and the same with O2 agent but a bit less subtle saying they can't communicate anything because it hasn't been released by Nokia yet.

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;23013540 said:
After that, I am firmly sticking with Vodafone now. Those prices are a bit eye watering.

Because Vodafone are massively better?...

Want a Note II? That'll be £47/month with 2GB data, or you could go EE, pay £39.99 for the phone and an extra £4/month for 5GB data at 4G speeds. O2, Orange, T-Mobile are a similar story. The extra that EE are charging isn't that much when you take in to consideration the extra data allowance and the potential faster speeds. It's Three that's showing the other networks up; £69 for a Note II on £36/month with unlimited data. Given they're investing heavily in DC-HSPA+, they're probably the best bet right now.

EE's lower tariffs are a joke, but the 3GB, 5GB and 8GB ones seem okay though. Not outstanding, but everything considered they're pretty competitive against most other networks. Wasn't a ~£5/month premium expected?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom