***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Oddly i have a windows phone and don't feel like i've been 'dumped'. Maybe as i'm payg rather than contract but that's because i knew the writing was on the wall so went with a cheaper device.

I enjoy using WP7 over iOS or Android and for me it works really nicely. It still will when WP8 is out...i dont really see a problem.

I'll be holding off anyway until user reviews of all the devices are out and i decide what i want to do regarding surface / W8 tablets.

Soldato
Windows Phone 8 looks very interesting, the only real thing I am waiting to see is how it performance, wp7/7.5 didn't have anywhere as many things running as wp8 is. Apart from that I am also interested in how does multi-tasking. Those are the 2 biggest concerns, since using 4.1 on my S2 I am really enjoying how stupidly fast this thing is, and thats with some pretty old hardware, it sets a nice benchmark for my next phone to reach.

Soldato
What else do you want me to say? I want to buy the phone, they don't seem in the slightest bit interested in letting me buy it. Do you want me to wow you with how great the camera is or the sensitive screen? Everyone knows that. There is simply nothing positive to say about Nokia right now, they're on the brink. If these phones flop they're history in the smartphone market.

Apple have money because they have their company set up to produce and sell. Nokia seems to have some great designers and engineers but completely incompetant people dealing with the process of selling these phones. Elop is not a strong enough leader.

Your getting boring, EVERYONE for about a year KNEW the whole of W8 products was being released about this tim but you, every EVERY OEM tablet/ Phone maker has been showing off stuff, so, we KNOW when its going to be released...you CANNOT BUY IT NOW, BECAUSE ITS NOT FOR SALE YET!
NOKIA WILL SELL IT WHEN THEY RELEASE IT..DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS VERY SIMPLE POINT!?
They and ALL THE OTHER OEMS, are waiting for the HUGE annoucment that will be coming and kicking off everything next week, only a few days away now.
Now, either shut up, wait, and then buy the phone, or go buy an S3 or something else, you dont have to buy this phone.

Caporegime
Some odd arguments in here...

Just because Nokia had some engineering samples ready to show a couple of months ago does not mean they could have started selling the 920 straight away! Most companies (in fact almost all except Apple) show their products a couple of months or so before the release day.

Then there is the fact we have known WP8 release day was going to be Q4 since about May, with late October being the fancied date for months... The release date hasn't slipped as far as I understand...

Associate
Some odd arguments in here...

Just because Nokia had some engineering samples ready to show a couple of months ago does not mean they could have started selling the 920 straight away! Most companies (in fact almost all except Apple) show their products a couple of months or so before the release day.

Then there is the fact we have known WP8 release day was going to be Q4 since about May, with late October being the fancied date for months... The release date hasn't slipped as far as I understand...

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/11/3314650/windows-phone-8-schedule-delays-release

It might not sound like much but it was the difference between going up against the iPhone 5 and being over a month after it.

Associate
Your getting boring, EVERYONE for about a year KNEW the whole of W8 products was being released about this tim but you, every EVERY OEM tablet/ Phone maker has been showing off stuff, so, we KNOW when its going to be released...you CANNOT BUY IT NOW, BECAUSE ITS NOT FOR SALE YET!
NOKIA WILL SELL IT WHEN THEY RELEASE IT..DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS VERY SIMPLE POINT!?
They and ALL THE OTHER OEMS, are waiting for the HUGE annoucment that will be coming and kicking off everything next week, only a few days away now.
Now, either shut up, wait, and then buy the phone, or go buy an S3 or something else, you dont have to buy this phone.

I understand perfectly. But have you ever heard of pre-orders? Apple does them all the time and that's why they have tens of billions in the bank and Nokia doesn't.

Who are you to tell me what to do? I'll do what I like thanks.

kbc

kbc

Associate
I want it now too! But patience is key... :p Not long now!

Pay day has just come... so gilesjuk, I understand your frustration, I want to pre-order it too! :o

Caporegime
Soldato
I understand perfectly. But have you ever heard of pre-orders? Apple does them all the time and that's why they have tens of billions in the bank and Nokia doesn't.

Who are you to tell me what to do? I'll do what I like thanks.

What?...okay, look at it this way, their was no doubt some engineering models of hte iPhone 5 about, not finished but about in August/ September you never seen, unfinished but lets say for laughs it was to test the new camera. The difference is you didnt get to see that.
Here what Nokia did WAS show that the 920 was a real thing coming out, how the camera worked RT so far and that the OS was still to be finished but now you can get an idea what we have done.
You have the date it all becomes official and released etc.
It has NOTHING to do with how much money they have, that has NO point in this, its how EVERY OEM manufacturer has done things, released bits and pieces to show off before the final big release. You seem to think this is only Nokias doing or something, Apple do things different in these terms, we all know that, but they are the ONLY ones do to it that way. And a lot of poepl hate it, like the kind of people who maybe jsut bought an iPad3 only to see it obsolete with NO upcoming news about a new one.
I wonder how much better off Apple users could be with Apple showing what they are up to a few months in advance and knowing to hold off before making nay expensive purchases.
Its very obvious Nokia is also holding back to be on the same 1.5 billion advertising wave for all things W8 that will be coming from MS.

Back
Top Bottom