***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Part of the reason I never got android! It doesn't flow! (In my opinion) iOS flows fairly well, but windows phone just looks so smooth and slick. Time to sell my iPhone4! Hahaha although that's not even gunna half of the cost for the 920 :(

Associate
Part of the reason I never got android! It doesn't flow! (In my opinion) iOS flows fairly well, but windows phone just looks so smooth and slick. Time to sell my iPhone4! Hahaha although that's not even gunna half of the cost for the 920 :(

I got £170 on Evirophone a few months ago for my iPhone 4. If you had a Lumia 800 then you'd be looking at £80 less even though the 800 is a newer phone. Apple stuff does seem to hold value better.

Man of Honour
Well this is interesting - Live Lockscreens!

Been known about for a longtime. I'm not expecting to learn much from the launch. But people think something is still locked out of sight on the sdk.
I think they've showed us everything and I'm more than happy with those features.
Would just like a few details on the finer details, but I doubt they will show those sort of things at launch.

Associate
Unfortunately my iPhone 4 is cracked so i would only get 150 on the bay and then minus fees I'd only get 130ish :/

Shame. The glass is a bit of a pain to do as well.

Mine had a intermittent home button as dust tends to get into them through the dock port. I blew into the phone now and then to get it working better.

It's one of the things that used to annoy me with Apple, the obsession of having one button. It worked well on the original OS but as soon as they started adding multitasking it meant double clicks of the home button and double clicks are a pain on a phone.

The capacitive buttons are much nicer idea. A lot faster too. I can't say I use the Windows button much.

Soldato
Can see me winding up with a Lumia 820. EE have it for free on £36/month, which is considerably cheaper than every other handset on their network. I'm taking that as a hint that it could be available for very modest prices elsewhere (while the Lumia 920 is likely to be free on £40+/month tariffs at the networks). If it's available for free for £25 or under it's going to be tempting - the only turn off is the screen res (I'm not even sure if it bothers me though tbh).

Soldato
I wonder why the Carphone Warehouse hasn't got it listed, not even as coming soon.

They have the 820 and the SIM free price has been leaked, £379 which isn't too far off what people will charge you for a Lumia 800/900.

The Lumia 800 has hovered between £120 and £180 for the past couple of months, god help anyone who bought one at the £380 places like CPW are still trying to sell them at in store

Associate
Can see me winding up with a Lumia 820. EE have it for free on £36/month, which is considerably cheaper than every other handset on their network. I'm taking that as a hint that it could be available for very modest prices elsewhere (while the Lumia 920 is likely to be free on £40+/month tariffs at the networks). If it's available for free for £25 or under it's going to be tempting - the only turn off is the screen res (I'm not even sure if it bothers me though tbh).

are the 820's up for pre order or viewing then?
i imagine the biggest stuff will come tomorrow for WP8, thers been rumblings of a surface phone.

depending on the final prices, ill probably stick to getting the 920, although the 820 is cheaper and probably more within my income needs, the screen size and res of the 920 is too good to pass up. have to wait and see for prices....

Associate
I rang up Orange again yesterday and sealed a better deal with their retentions department.

£31 per month for:
400 minutes
unlimited texts
750mb data
15 picture messages
BT Wifi thing
£40 for the handset.

Soldato
I want more than firm details, Im expecting to be able to finally pre-order after the presentation from either CW or P4U and get a firm delivery date. Im just hoping that the delivery date will be sooner than the 14th...
Handtech, Expansys or Clove will be my plan B

Soldato
There are a few things i do on android that i would like to do on windows phone;
- flash
- remotely control itunes
- remotely control spotify
- whatsapp
- kindle
- wake on lan

What if any of the above can WP8 do?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
List from above:

- flash - No. JB doesn't have flash ether.
- remotely control itunes - 3rd party applications available
- remotely control spotify - 3rd party applications available
- whatsapp - Yes
- kindle - Yes
- wake on lan - Yes

If you need to look for any applications, these can be found here

Back
Top Bottom