***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
I wonder why the Carphone Warehouse hasn't got it listed, not even as coming soon.

They have the 820 and the SIM free price has been leaked, £379 which isn't too far off what people will charge you for a Lumia 800/900.

Soldato
So, finally got my hands on both the 920 and 820 today. Been told very clearly I can't post the pictures I took of the devices or go into too much detail, but what I will say is....

"swwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeet", "I want I want!"

Associate
I'm looking forward to that cinemagraph thing. Not sure why they used to term lens. Filters are the thing you usually fit on a camera lens to change the image. Soft focus, polarising or UV.

I should be able to put a pre-order in for a 920 on Wednesday. Another two weeks for delivery isn't going to hurt. The Lumia 800s seem to still fetch a good price on ebay, much better than Envirophone who offer £85. Although the "good" prices on ebay are for new ones, Mazuma offer £95 which might be worth it, hassle free.

Last edited:
Associate
Watched Skyfall at the cinema tonight, a Lumia advert to which I said quietly to my partner 'I want one of those'. Lets hope they deliver -and on price too

Nokia have been good at getting their phones into films. The Nokia 9210 appeared in Terminator 3, although that was about 1-2 years after it was launched. But then smartphones weren't common then.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Tomorrow is WP day, so we will see what they have been cooking up for the past 2 years.

Also on the note about the Italian version of the 920, it has already sold out twice and the US reception is also looking very promising.

Associate
Hopefully I can put an order in this week. I've just secured £600 via an ebay auction, so that's the phone cost covered and a wireless charger.

It seems as if Black and Yellow are the first colours to ship and I want red.

There's apparently one thing being announced tomorrow that hasn't been shown before. So it's either a killer feature or a Surface phone.

Back
Top Bottom