***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Flash is legacy technology now and on Android it is actually a hindrance in some ways. The Android version of iPlayer uses flash to stream. The iPad version has the ability to download content for watching later without a data connection.

Adobe make some of the most overpriced bloated rubbish imaginable. Flash wasn't so bad back in the Macromedia days.

Associate
, although the 820 is cheaper and probably more within my income needs, the screen size and res of the 920 is too good to pass up. have to wait and see for prices....

Well I don't know about you, but I'm planning on keeping the new phone (920 for me) for 18-24 months and what seems like an average resolution screen now will be rather dated in 2 years time.

I personally think the 820 will be the poorer cousin in terms of support too. The 920 will get all the updates first.

Soldato
There was yet another fb competition with a closing date of the 16/11 advertising the winner as being one of the first to get a 920, so Im guessing that we will not be seeing 920's in the wild until mid Nov at the earliest

Soldato
cu3ed said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by kona786

except it takes all of 5 seconds to sideload it if you really want to on JB.

And then it doesnt work properly in most browsers and still has bugs and problems, yea...great.

Working perfectly here, Note 2 jellybean. Dolphin browser

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Soldato
Working perfectly here, Note 2 jellybean. Dolphin browser

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

So, out of the box you had to go to an off beat source get the Flash for it side load it and it works in one browser....what a fantastic thing openness is.
Damn poor solution.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Why don't people wait to the WP8 announcement, which takes place in less than half hour now rather then putting silly comments all over the place.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
Really?...>REALLY?...you honestly couldnt wait a couple of days ( maybe not even that) for a phone you where interested in that would make NO difference to the Note 2, and possibly one you would have liked more?

REALLY?

I think out of pure bitterness Nokia will lose me as a customer if they wait until mid to late November to release the phone. Even after waiting this long :)

I am only choosing WP8 as something new, I have been perfectly happy with iOS and Android platforms but I am currently stuck with a brick of a phone as I sold my iPhone 4 in anticipation of this release.

Back
Top Bottom