***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
£350-450

But as the websites say price has not been confirmed, nor release date. Just your usually scummy websites. So I wouldn't even pay attention to them.

hmmm, looks like either the 8s or the 820 is going to be for me (providing it comes in at between £300 and £350)

IF the 820 does come for 400-450, and assuming that IF the 920 can be brought without contract it would be around the £500 mark (thats the price point for all the top smartphones) the 820 would be too near the price point of a 920....... but having said that, if the 920 does go contract only, they can charge what ever they want for the 820 as it will be peoples only option to get a nokia WP8 phone without getting a contract without paying INSANE prices on the bay.....have to wait till next week/next weekend to see the final prices

Soldato
Some what off a let down, didn't really see any killer feature and the stupidly low priced Nexus has won me over. I might get a 920 later down the line on contract and keep the Nexus as a sim free phone but for now I'm not looking to pay £41 or pay for 2 sim free phones.

Man of Honour
Some what off a let down, didn't really see any killer feature and the stupidly low priced Nexus has won me over. I might get a 920 later down the line on contract and keep the Nexus as a sim free phone but for now I'm not looking to pay £41 or pay for 2 sim free phones.

Have you looked at the htc 8s that's stupidly cheap and has a sd slot and IMO the best looking of the new phones.

Soldato
Have you looked at the htc 8s that's stupidly cheap and has a sd slot and IMO the best looking of the new phones.

Actual love the design of the 8x, I would take an 8x if it was similar priced, but going from an S2 to 8s isn't a big leap forward. The SoC is a lot better but apart from that its equal or worse. But I might get both, I like wp8 and I want to use it for a long time a long side an android phone (For my google crap mostly gmail). Might be a good idea to have that color phone in my pocket to have fun with :cool:

Soldato
I spent much longer in the hospital then expected today so I just had 1 question to ask, did the silly multi tasking get fixed in wp8, by this I mean every time you click an app it reset the application. Was so lame for things like whatsapp. This is the 1 big thing I hated.

I will go watch everything now to see whats new only just took a look at engadget but it didn't seem like anything that I hadn't already seen.

Caporegime
the Htc 8s is really appealing to me now! but as stated its virtually the same as an S2 which is the same as my iphone 4 basically......

Except the UI is totally different, which is the main point...;)

So I really had my heart set on a 920 (at least it was at the top of my list for a hands on) and it seems Nokia have scuppered that if they don't get a reasonably priced (~£450-500) sim free version out now they have confirmed exclusivity with EE... No way in hell am I paying that much for a phone contract, especially if I'm forced into a two year contract...

Remember the days you could get £400 phones on £35 12 month contracts...? *Dreams....*:(

After seeing the review on Engadget of the 8x that is looking verrrry tempting (especially as the only negative as it didn't run Android...). Just a shame about the 16 GB storage capacity.

Caporegime
I spent much longer in the hospital then expected today so I just had 1 question to ask, did the silly multi tasking get fixed in wp8, by this I mean every time you click an app it reset the application. Was so lame for things like whatsapp. This is the 1 big thing I hated.

I will go watch everything now to see whats new only just took a look at engadget but it didn't seem like anything that I hadn't already seen.

Wasn't that only done for apps that weren't optimised for multitasking? It depends on whether the developer coded it properly...

Back
Top Bottom