***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Been waiting to upgrade since june, prepared to even jump from o2 to ee for the 920 but wow...mega let down with prices and I'm not in a 4g coverage area so can't decide if it's worth the gamble.

Is there a list of ETAs for area codes?

Associate
Well I see that this has gone well. Still no background tab opening and only 6 tabs max still in IE. :/

I never used to use Safari on my iPhone, if there's a decent alternative browser then it won't be so bad.

I find IE to be okay, but wish it would remember passwords.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
the lack of communication is just terrible. Hello EE, can I buy a phone from you? Yeah sometime somewhere you can if you want.

No info on their website, no one answered phones when i tried calling.

I am bitter at MS at their poor show making us wait for that crappy 'release' event last night which was an embarrassment.

I am bitter at Nokia for going with EE & Phones 4U only.

I think at this point I am so bitter I might just get the Google phone :) ha.

Associate
the lack of communication is just terrible. Hello EE, can I buy a phone from you? Yeah sometime somewhere you can if you want.

No info on their website, no one answered phones when i tried calling.

I am bitter at MS at their poor show making us wait for that crappy 'release' event last night which was an embarrassment.

I am bitter at Nokia for going with EE & Phones 4U only.

I think at this point I am so bitter I might just get the Google phone :) ha.

Not understanding your confusion. I've just gone on the site now and added an item to the basket and I was seemingly able to get far through the checkout process so it looks like they are taking orders?

You should only be going EE if you specifically want the speed of 4G and are happy with the data allowances they are offering. Otherwise you'd be better off with T Mobile Fully Monty plan for example.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
Not understanding your confusion. I've just gone on the site now and added an item to the basket and I was seemingly able to get far through the checkout process so it looks like they are taking orders?

You should only be going EE if you specifically want the speed of 4G and are happy with the data allowances they are offering. Otherwise you'd be better off with T Mobile Fully Monty plan for example.

You can order online but only to a home address. Also, it doesn't say when its going to be delivered. I am going to pop to town to ask.

Associate
Something about WP8 is making me lose logic and, despite having a HTC one X for only a month, I'm just saying over and over "I want one"

Lumia 920
Surface Pro
Xbox 360
Xbox Music

All in.

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23063896 said:
I notice their site hasn't been updated yet.

I wouldn't expect anything less of them. Not the best retailer in the world, formerly a John Caudwell enterprise and anyone living around Stoke (near overclockers) will know what he is like.

Soldato
Since Nokia and EE have effectively priced the 920 out of the market, I'm considering the 8x. The reviews are very good and it looks great. Might have to check it out.

Caporegime
Well I see that this has gone well. Still no background tab opening and only 6 tabs max still in IE. :/

Easy workaround...

Open the link in a new tab and just press the back button... Tab loads as you're reading the original page... :)

Takes me less than a second from opening a link in a new tab to back to reading the page I was on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom