***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
So I just spent about 3 hours hanging around the Nokia display at the Windows Phone 8 launch event.

I'm going to put my photos and thoughts on my site later but for now I must say I love the 920.

It feels fantastic. The screen is really clear and sharp and the camera features are great.

The optical image stabilisation and the ability to create gifs using cinemagraph and remove people using the smart shoot along with the clear improvements in Windows Phone 8 make it a great phone.

I agree the nexus is stupid cheap. But this phone is fantastic. Expect VERY good reviews.

If anyone has any questions please let me know and I'll try to answer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Phoning Vodafone tomorrow to ask for my PAK code. No WP8 handsets confirmed for them yet and certainly no Lumia 920. I'm hoping I can weasel out that Note II retentions deal that was being talked about last week, then sell the Note II and buy the 920 SIM-Free (or maybe the 8S and put the remaining money toward a Surface?).

If that falls through I'll be looking at an 8X on Three. Reading the Engadget review now. I paid this handset no mind when it was announced, but it sounds bloody fantastic!

Man of Honour
Yeah I just read the Engadget review of 8x and its a great price. The built in amp seems to work, they realy do like the sound qaulity on it.

But it's only16gb and no sd. Wich really isn't enough. I want at least 32, would prefer 64Gb or a sd card slot.

Soldato
Nokia are just being completely stupid. I was so keyed up about getting a 920 but after learning it was only available on EE and there was no SIM free version I decided that I would just get a different device.

I'm guessing that lots of people are probably thinking the same. I'll probably go with the Samsung instead.

Well done Nokia, you deserve to go bankrupt for being so stupid. You have lost sales because of this retarded decision of yours.

Soldato
But it's only16gb and no sd. Wich really isn't enough. I want at least 32, would prefer 64Gb or a sd card slot.

Doesn't bother me personally - I've got a Lumia 710 with 8GB storage. Before that I had a Trophy with 8GB storage. Before that, an iPhone 3G with 8GB storage. I've never had a phone with more. I just change the music on my phone regularly and use a lot of streaming.

It does seem a little insane that they're selling the 'Beats' bit and didn't think to add an SD card slot or 32GB model though.

£30 for the handset then £29/month for 500 minutes, 5000 texts, unlimited data (24 month contract) with Three. Seems good to me. Tethering is an extra £5/month though. Better to go with The One Plan at £34/month if tethering is on the cards.

Associate
They use FedEx, so you will be stung. No release date on their site either, Im going to wait a day or two as Europe seem to be promising quicker release dates than the USA at the moment..

Can always cancel should a miracle happen in the UK.

Still cheaper than an EE contract by a long way.

Soldato
Been a while since i checked back here, quite disappointed by the way things have turned out :( Are we likely to still be able to import one from a European shop and put any sim in it though?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Phones 4 U will be doing the whole range, but I imagine they will ship on different dates and the more utilitarian colours will be made first.

I am going down to P4U today at lunch to find out some more information, i will report back once I have a update. :D

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Been a while since i checked back here, quite disappointed by the way things have turned out :( Are we likely to still be able to import one from a European shop and put any sim in it though?

I am pretty sure it will be available on the UK simfree, as a number of sites still have it listed. However, it does look like we should have all the information within the next week or two.

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;23063299 said:
I am pretty sure it will be available on the UK simfree, as a number of sites still have it listed. However, it does look like we should have all the information within the next week or two.

Fingers crossed then, work was going to buy me a new phone outright while i pay for a sim only deal so REAAAALLY hope it's available sim free :p

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;23063286 said:
I am going down to P4U today at lunch to find out some more information, i will report back once I have a update. :D

Im going to give mobiles-unlocked a ring today to see how confident they are on the arrival date and what colours they are offering as well...
I don't want info in the next week or so, i want my phone in the next week or so :p

Back
Top Bottom