***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Just went to town. Both EE and phone 4 u staff didn't know when the 920 would be in haha.

FFS...

These exclusivity deals are great aren't they? I'm sure it's more about giving incompetent companies an edge over the competition rather than a company doing Nokia a favour.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Just phoned P4U on Oxford Street and they will be selling them sim free for £469.00 and they should be expecting instock from tomorrow, so I need to phone back tomorrow.

Last edited:
Associate
[RXP]Andy;23064437 said:
Just phoned P4U on Oxford Street and they will be selling them sim free for £469.00 and they should be instock from tomorrow, so I need to phone back tomorrow.

:D:D:D:D

I hope that's true, can I order one online?

Associate
tbh the 920 has become a right mess up, can only be brought on ee on a ridiculous contract :/ you would think with nokia's financial situation they would have made it easier to get one, they knew is was THE windows 8 phone that every one was looking forward to and wanted.... HTC 8x or 8s seems to be the one now having just read some reviews, only let down is the storage options, can be easily solved with the 8s by buying a 32gb Micro sd card for £20~, but the 8x only comes with 16gb and no sd slots :/

Comparison of 8x/s and 8/920

EDIT: just seen above post about 920 sim free! :D

Associate
You can order online but only to a home address. Also, it doesn't say when its going to be delivered. I am going to pop to town to ask.

Ahh I see fair enough. It mentioned next day delivery on the checkout process but that can obviously be generic text for when they are actually getting hand sets out :p

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23064437 said:
Just phoned P4U on Oxford Street and they will be selling them sim free for £469.00 and they should be expecting instock from tomorrow, so I need to phone back tomorrow.

If true than theres my answer :)

Associate
think what im gunna do is just save up £400ish and then see whats avaliable on sim free as ive already got a contract. i wont have enough money to buy any of these when they are launched either :(

Nexus 4 ;)

Clove says it's looking doubtful they will get any.

I think a lot of those SIM free sellers list stuff before they've even got a clue about when they will get it or whether they will even get it at all.

Associate
I think a lot of those SIM free sellers list stuff before they've even got a clue about when they will get it or whether they will even get it at all.

Yup and they should expect to get some. But this is Nokia who seem to think that people walk into a shop, talk to the sales person and then buy what he recommends. So they feel having a shop that sells a lot of WP devices should sell all of them.

But two other SIM free vendors said they are getting some, so they must be using unofficial channels?

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;23064437 said:

Result :D
Now do I just turn up late for work, or wait for my lunch break :p

Associate
When they say you can only get them on EE... does this include Orange and T-Mobile? I have absolutely no interesting in having a 4G phone right now, does this mean if I want the Lumia 920 I need to get it sim free?

Back
Top Bottom