***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
I think i'm just going to keep waiting until the first opportunity to purchase a sim free phone online from a reputable shop, surprised at some of the major impatience in here... i really want this phone but it seems like some people think it's going to drastically change their lives or something lol

Caporegime
Yup and they should expect to get some. But this is Nokia who seem to think that people walk into a shop, talk to the sales person and then buy what he recommends. So they feel having a shop that sells a lot of WP devices should sell all of them.

But two other SIM free vendors said they are getting some, so they must be using unofficial channels?

You know that's what the majority of people do right? That or ring up at the end of their contract and see what the provider will offer...

Its one of the things WP has had to deal with, the sales guys either not mentioning them at all or actively steering people away from them aftee they have gone in.

Associate
You know that's what the majority of people do right? That or ring up at the end of their contract and see what the provider will offer...

Maybe a few years back, but people use social media like Facebook to ask all their friends what to buy. So many of them will turn up in the shop and ask what Android phone to get.

So if someone is asking for Android then how is the sales person going to turn them onto Windows Phone instead?

Soldato
I'm having a hard time figuring out just how Nokia can be this stupid making the phone exclusive to a network not even setup to most of the country.

Pricing themselves out of the market completely, with an small market OS.
Even on the news the launch of EE today what is coming from them to the public is that no one should bother with it for a long time.

Soldato
I'm having a hard time figuring out just how Nokia can be this stupid making the phone exclusive to a network not even setup to most of the country.

Pricing themselves out of the market completely, with an small market OS.
Even on the news the launch of EE today what is coming from them to the public is that no one should bother with it for a long time.

I can only assume that Nokia knew EE would be first with 4G (by a fair margin) but weren't told customers would have to pay over the odds for 15mins of downloads.

I was all geared up to get the 920, love my 710 and I have a zune pass. But its looking like I will get the Nexus 4. The cost of that phone +£10 giffgaff would save me over £15 for 2 years (cost of phone + goody bag vs free phone and current contract due in December).

Associate
I ordered a Black 920 from the EE site. Ill be honest I'm not a fan of black at all.

I would love almost any other colour OTHER than black.

I know P4U are meant to have all colours but seeing as we don't know the exact availability of the 920 I figure I'd place my order and see when it may come.

Incidentally at the press event yesterday for WP8 the 920 was shown to be available on EE from November 9th. This doesn't agree with the stores telling you they will have it this week or Monday next week so we will have to see when it is actually available.

Associate
I ordered a Black 920 from the EE site. Ill be honest I'm not a fan of black at all.

I know P4U are meant to have all colours but seeing as we don't know the exact availability of the 920 I figure I'd place my order and see when it may come.

Incidentally at the press event yesterday for WP8 the 920 was shown to be available on EE from November 9th. This doesn't agree with the stores telling you they will have it this week or Monday next week so we will have to see when it is actually available.

Why are you ordering it if you don't like black? Why not just wait?

Soldato

Umm if you hate black that much surely a week isn't asking too much now?

Associate
It seems waiting is far to much hassle for a fair few people.

No wonder company's get away with some of their practices and prices.

We've waited just 1 day short of 8 weeks as it is for this phone.

Same here, cancelled my US pre-order (they didn't take payment details anyway) and ordered black from Digital Phone as I don't want to look like I'm holding a canary while I talk on my phone. Tweety pie would be proud.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
I have just pre-ordered a yellow 920 from P4U for £459.00, I should be able to collect it from tomorrow or Friday.

Last edited:
Soldato
P4U get the exclusive..theirs nothing even on the front page of their website about it.]
How did you order it, I see nothign about being able to buy one?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom