***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
P4U get the exclusive..theirs nothing even on the front page of their website about it.

The website is rubbish, as it only sells contract phone. I have just been into P4U on Tottenham Court Rd (Left a deposit) who already had a number of equerries for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
[RXP]Andy;23065348 said:
I have just pre-ordered a yellow 920 from P4U for £459.00, I should be able to collect it from tomorrow or Friday.

Which Oxford Street Branch as there are 2, was it the one nearest Bond Street tube?
If they are accepting deposits, I will pop down there in a while and reserve a grey one..

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Which Oxford Street Branch as there are 2, was it the one nearest Bond Street tube?
If they are accepting deposits, I will pop down there in a while and reserve a grey one..

Tottenham Court Rd, which is about 30 seconds from work for me. :D

Soldato
Just back from town (Stafford).

Phones 4 U have WP8 PoS up, came in last night. They have dummy units of the 920, 8X and 820. The 920 is free from £36/month and available on EE, Orange and T-Mo. The 8X is free from £31/month and available on all networks (bar Three - P4U don't do Three). They said they should have units in by the end of the week, but don't have tariff details yet.

The two EE shops were a similar story. Not much in the former Orange shop - just empty spaces for the WP8 handsets (marked up, but no dummy units in place) and a couple of the new 4G EE handsets. The former T-Mobile shop had a massive display for the Lumia handsets... with the SGSIII and Note II sitting on it because they've not had dummy units for the Lumias yet.

Three, Voda, O2 and CPW hae nothing up at all.

TBH the exclusivity doesn't seem so bad if it's EE, Orange and T-Mo. Still annoying, but could be worse. Don't they already have over 40% of the UK market? 4G is only likely to grow that.

Associate
So you've waited 8 weeks and another week is to much. Makes no sense, unless your current mobile has suddenly broken.

As every month goes by the specs become less impressive. There's a 1080p 5 inch screened phone coming out soon.

I replaced my iPhone 4 with a Lumia 800 (my home button on the iPhone was on the way out) as a stop gap until these WP8 phones came out. I'm tired of plugging my phone into a charger wire, the iPhone just dropped onto the dock. The camera on the 800 is inferior to the iPhone 4, to the point that I don't really take many photos.

I have the money now and want to spend it before it vanishes :)

It seems doubtful the other colours will appear so fast? it took Apple an eternity to produce a white iPhone :)

Last edited:
Associate
[RXP]Andy;23066164 said:
Will EE handsets be locked, Orange from memory sim lock there handsets?

I think it's something to ask them.

Given they have a "roaming" contract as part of their line up I would imagine they will lock it or else people would just swap the SIM when they go abroad.

Back
Top Bottom