***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
I want the WHITE one sim-free!!

Where do i go??

I did speak to Handtek before going into P4U and they confirmed they will be getting the sim free Lumia 920, so it maybe worth giving them a ring. I know they said ring back on Friday for some more information.

Soldato
OK, wpcentral have updated people as to availability of the 920 after speaking to Nokia

Official availability of the 920 will be from the 2nd of November and available in Black, White, Red & Yellow options. It is an EE exclusive which means you can have it on either Orange or T mobile tariffs if the deals on the brand new 4g tariffs are not to your liking. EE Stores & Phones 4u will be serving them up, in fact we already reported Phones 4u were getting things ready..
We have been advised that EE have the exclusive until the end of the year and it will not be possible to buy the handsets offline (without a contract) while this is in place. Nokia have indicated that may extend the exclusive may be extended. Nokia advised they are concerned with “best execution” which likely means they are seeking to place the 920 into stores that can provide a premium retail experience.

Im taking this to mean that stock availability will be tight and no grey model...

Man of Honour
Doesn't that directly contradict a whole bunch of posts in this thread or am i reading it wrong?

Yep, massive contradiction. I'm still going for we will be able to get sim free phones.

And I bet EE have a big target to hit if they want to keep the exclspusitiby into th new year, which I ouldnt be surprised if they hit, they aren't pushing it, plus the backlash they've gotten for their tariffs.

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;23056345 said:
List from above:

- flash - No. JB doesn't have flash ether.
- remotely control itunes - 3rd party applications available
- remotely control spotify - 3rd party applications available
- whatsapp - Yes
- kindle - Yes
- wake on lan - Yes

If you need to look for any applications, these can be found here

Thanks for this. Unfortunately, following the Nexus 4 release with THAT price, i cant justify a 920 anymore.

Maybe next year MS will release the surface equivalent of a W8 phone with nokia as manufacturers

Soldato
Yep, massive contradiction. I'm still going for we will be able to get sim free phones.

And I bet EE have a big target to hit if they want to keep the exclspusitiby into th new year, which I ouldnt be surprised if they hit, they aren't pushing it, plus the backlash they've gotten for their tariffs.

I think they'll hit it. The display in one of my local EE stores is huge - of the two in the town this store has fewer handsets, but they're all the top-end ones. The Lumia display unit is massive, has a built in TV showing off the handsets and they were in the process of putting up Lumia advertising around the store. You literally couldn't miss it. This is the sort of thing I was expecting, rather than the dearth of information on the EE website.

I'm thinking maybe the lack of focus on the 920 so far has been partly down to Nokia and availability concerns - there's no point pushing the handsets now if there aren't any available to buy. Time will tell though.

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, following the Nexus 4 release with THAT price, i cant justify a 920 anymore.
Unfortunately for Nokia and Microsoft your sentiments will be echoed around the world x millions.
Feels weird feeling sorry for MS as WP8 looks like a fantastic bit of software but surely they can't compete with Google now?

Back
Top Bottom