***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Shame we aren't seeing the Cyan and Grey matte lumias, they were my top 2 :( Can't decide on what finish is better, the matte or the glossy. I like the colours of the glossy finish, but I'm just seeing it as a fingerprint magnet! What are people's opinions on the colours?

Associate
I was dead set on getting a black one (I think it's matte), but the Nexus 4 has thrown a spanner in the works - I wanted to get off android, had a Desire HD now for 2 years and getting really bored with it. Not sure what to do, I was always going to get a free/reduced handset anyway so might just stick to the 920, providing it gets stellar reviews... Getting some money end of November so that's when I'll decide!

Soldato
I was dead set on getting a black one (I think it's matte), but the Nexus 4 has thrown a spanner in the works - I wanted to get off android, had a Desire HD now for 2 years and getting really bored with it. Not sure what to do, I was always going to get a free/reduced handset anyway so might just stick to the 920, providing it gets stellar reviews... Getting some money end of November so that's when I'll decide!

I'm in the same position. My DHD is due for an upgrade and I really wanted the Lumia but it isn't available on my network and the EE price plans are ridiculous. I might have to just buy it as it would end up cheaper along with a Three roll on contract anyway. The Nexus 4 would be even cheaper but I want to try Windows Phone...

kbc

kbc

Associate
I logged onto Phones4U twitter feed, and if you read up on one of the questions there, they have stated that they won't be selling SIM-Free 920s... :confused:

Phones4U "our Lumia 920's will not be suitable for customers wishing to purchase SIM free as they're all locked to @EE. Sorry!"...

Someone "what? Is that true? I went to your Crawley store and asked about it and they said it would be unlocked"

Phones4U "Hi, unfortunately this won't be unlocked no. We're sorry that you've been misinformed by our store staff! Thanks, Liz"

What's going on? Guess we'll have to wait a few days more!

kbc

kbc

Associate
Ignore my previous quote from their twitter feed, the guys from phones4u don't have a clue what they're typing, let alone what they're telling customers about this phone...

Soldato
So the best Windows 8 phone is locked to the worst carrier in a country with a population of 60,000,000... wonder how Microsoft and Nokia let that happen.

Soldato
Im considering gsmnation as a backup, but will also look for EU based sellers, but I think I need to let the dust settle a bit as no-one seems clear what is going on at the moment

Soldato
So the best Windows 8 phone is locked to the worst carrier in a country with a population of 60,000,000... wonder how Microsoft and Nokia let that happen.

I can't understand why! I, like many others, were dying to buy one. But now i'm looking towards the Nexus 4 / 10 combo instead. They have lost so much custom over this, silly move.

Associate
The previous rumour of red and yellow being SIM unlocked makes sense, the white and black handsets are probably from the same batch as the EE locked handsets wheras the yellow and red may well be the SIM unlocked international versions.

Fingers crossed thats the case!

Associate
Here are some pictures which show off the amazing low light performance of the 920:

lumia920cameracompare.png

920pv-8-copy-1024x576.jpg

s3-6-copy-1024x768.jpg

iphone5-6-copy-1024x768.jpg

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
I logged onto Phones4U twitter feed, and if you read up on one of the questions there, they have stated that they won't be selling SIM-Free 920s... :confused:

Phones4U "our Lumia 920's will not be suitable for customers wishing to purchase SIM free as they're all locked to @EE. Sorry!"...

Someone "what? Is that true? I went to your Crawley store and asked about it and they said it would be unlocked"

Phones4U "Hi, unfortunately this won't be unlocked no. We're sorry that you've been misinformed by our store staff! Thanks, Liz"

What's going on? Guess we'll have to wait a few days more!

That's not what I was told today, I guess ill find out in a few days.

Soldato
Im considering gsmnation as a backup, but will also look for EU based sellers, but I think I need to let the dust settle a bit as no-one seems clear what is going on at the moment

Doesnt that tell you everything.
Im feeling sorry for Nokia, but this just looks like a huge slice of in competence.

They had something here, a Big interest, if this thread is a sign of things to come they have lost a large market before one person even gets one from their poor form.

Soldato
Does microsoft have no say in what nokia do with their WP8 phones with regards to exclusivity? If i was a microsoft I'd be a bit miffed at the dent in uptake this is going to have on their new OS.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Miffed?...id headbutt the man who thinks such a lockdown approach is a good idea!?

God knows..... Who's every idea it was needs to loose there job.

I can't believe how much bad press EE are getting over there new network. :eek:

Associate
Very very odd situation. That pic I got earlier shows they are or at least were looking at selling it SIM free, either that other whoever gets the in store material organised and printed has massively ****** up.

Associate
Very very odd situation. That pic I got earlier shows they are or at least were looking at selling it SIM free, either that other whoever gets the in store material organised and printed has massively ****** up.

It is going to be SIM free in stores (although anything can be changed). I will phone my local store and call in to get one reserved tomorrow if I can.

Back
Top Bottom