***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Man of Honour
[RXP]Andy;23068751 said:
God knows..... Who's every idea it was needs to loose there job.

I can't believe how much bad press EE are getting over there new network. :eek:

Really?
No 3G contracts, all 4g despite most people not having a chance of connecting to it and even if they live in the area then as soon as they leave the city they can't get 4g, advertised it for streaming video, but then don't have the limits to do it.

Seem to be forcing or at least bullying people off orange/t-mobile and on to EE contracts.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Very very odd situation. That pic I got earlier shows they are or at least were looking at selling it SIM free, either that other whoever gets the in store material organised and printed has massively ****** up.

I am pretty sure it will be the same as CPW, as they will only sell some phones on some network but there PAYG options are all sim free hands. I will make sure I test this before leaving the store.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
No 3G contracts, all 4g despite most people not having a chance of connecting to it and even if they live in the area then as soon as they leave the city they can't get 4g, advertised it for streaming video, but then don't have the limits to do it.

Seem to be forcing or at least bullying people off orange/t-mobile and on to EE contracts.

Yup, its all very wrong. IMO

Hopefully someone at Nokia can soon see sense and break the "exclusive" contract.

Associate
Seems p4u new "official" stance is sim free but locked to EE. But most phones are easy and cheap to unlock.

True. But what I would do is ask in the store. If it is locked then refuse to buy it. I'm sure the loss of a sale will focus minds. Especially if they're on commission.

The picture earlier showed a PAYG and SIM free option, so perhaps the PAYG option is the one that is locked?

Soldato
I was surprised that the average press would really lay into them, but have only read up til now about EE here, so the overal backlash of poor tariffs must have been massive, as said, even teh BBC jsut reported all day about how poor the network seemed to be. This then would reflect directly on a phone that has locked itself to it in such a manner.

kbc

kbc

Associate
I for one am not going to sign up for a new contract. I live in London and 3G sux, let alone 4G! :mad:

I'm going to hit the town one of these days and try and find one of these sim free and can be used on Voda. ;)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
I for one am not going to sign up for a new contract. I live in London and 3G sux, let alone 4G! :mad:

I'm going to hit the town one of these days and try and find one of these sim free and can be used on Voda. ;)

That's my plan, ill report back once I get the call from P4U to see If it works or not.

Associate
So, when Liz @ Phone4U said on Twitter, "unfortunately this won't be unlocked no", do we think she was referring to the white and black models, and that the "SIM free price" described here ( http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s421/DasYad/?action=view&current=20121030_173917_zps82ea6b77.jpg ) refers solely to the the "EE exclusive" red and yellow colours?

What will be interesting is to see if a) EE will sell the white and black on prepay or SIM-free, and b) if prepay, will it be SIM-locked?

kbc

kbc

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23068898 said:
That's my plan, ill report back once I get the call from P4U to see If it works or not.

Did you say you'll be getting yours by Friday, a Yellow one? You ordered it without a contract, just the device?

Did they let you choose any colour?? :o Tottenham Court Road branch?

So, when Liz @ Phone4U said on Twitter, "unfortunately this won't be unlocked no", do we think she was referring to the white and black models, and that the "SIM free price" described here ( http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s421/DasYad/?action=view&current=20121030_173917_zps82ea6b77.jpg ) refers solely to the the "EE exclusive" red and yellow colours?

What will be interesting is to see if a) EE will sell the white and black on prepay or SIM-free, and b) if prepay, will it be SIM-locked?

Yellow or White for me...! That is all and must be sim-free!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Did you say you'll be getting yours by Friday, a Yellow one? You ordered it without a contract, just the device?

Did they let you choose any colour?? :o Tottenham Court Road branch?

Yellow or White for me...! That is all and must be sim-free!

Yes, I have ordered a Yellow one from Tottenham Court. I can scan the receipt if required.

The thing that I find confusing and maybe where the confusion lays. Black and White handsets are being sold by EE, so these may be locked. However, the rest of the colour range surely as they are not provided by EE how can they be locked? This is my thinking behind it.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Yea....two months of bugger all sales in teh Uk should help that notion.

Agreed! Hopefully they seen sense soon. However, I remember the Nokia Lumia 800 Cyan release was some what of a hassle and then a few months later it blew over.

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23069051 said:
Yes, I have ordered a Yellow one from Tottenham Court. I can scan the receipt if required.

The thing that I find confusing and maybe where the confusion lays. Black and White handsets are being sold by EE, so these may be locked. However, the rest of the colour range surely as they are not provided by EE how can they be locked? This is my thinking behind it.

I think you could be right on that. Only display unit I saw was that yellow one, couldn't see anything else

Associate
I want red and so if those are unlocked then that's handy.

Talk about a FUD situation, the last thing you want when people are considering buying your product is uncertainty and doubt (not so much the fear).

kbc

kbc

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23069051 said:

Yeps, receipt, the handshake and the unboxing video just to prove you have it. :D ... just kidding... I believe you, please keep us updated in this thread if P4U have honoured the delivery of it.

Don't they have a store in Stratford Westfield, may look there?

Back
Top Bottom