***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Man of Honour
Nice and £10 cheaper than rumors. Well I think that pic clears up any confusion.

Red or yellow though, not a fan of either tbh.
Black and white look like EE exclusive.

What happened to grey. Looks nice in the renders, but not sure it would look that nice IRL.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice and £10 cheaper than rumors. Well I think that pic clears up any confusion.

What happened to grey. Looks nice in the renders, but not sure it would look that nice IRL.

Did you miss the earlier picture? was the same information, just a bit smaller. From a smaller store I guess.

http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s421/DasYad/?action=view&current=20121030_173917_zps82ea6b77.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That'll be a 3G contract, not 4G I would say. But only big city dwellers will miss 4G.

3G is just fine. I don't see the need in 4G, I'd much rather have a constant 3/3.5g signal. Sick of it jumping up and down and dropping signals, which will only be worse on a fledging 4G network. Any streaming I do is always on Wi-Fi anyway.

Heading into town tomorrow, will see what the local P4U have to say.

Associate
EE are showing the Lumia 920 in white now.

I have emailed them to ask them to change my order from Black to White.

Of course I would love a more exotic colour but they don't offer it.

Should Phones4u figure out what they are doing I might cancel my ee order and go get a more vibrant model from them, I would love Yellow but white
is good as well. Black is just so boring.

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23070513 said:
That dial a phone review sounded pretty good too me, I have not watched the other one yet.

I felt a little sorry for the guy doing the user review, he sounded a bit disappointed as everything he checked didn't work as he was hoping and he obviously was excited because he did the review as soon as he got the phone back to his car.

One interesting thing about the dial a phone review, they have some comparison shots between the iPhone and Lumia 920 camera and the 920 looks quite soft, hopefully they made a mistake as the camera is one of the best selling points for the 920.

Associate
One interesting thing about the dial a phone review, they have some comparison shots between the iPhone and Lumia 920 camera and the 920 looks quite soft, hopefully they made a mistake as the camera is one of the best selling points for the 920.

Might have left some plastic protection sheet on it. I'm keen to try the camera and see how fast it is since I'm sure optical stabilisation needs a small amount of time to kick in.

Associate
Okay now I'm on a PC I can post the pics properly :p

20121030_173917_zps82ea6b77.jpg

20121030_173926.jpg

I took these yesterday in a Phones4U store. I spoke to a lady in there and she told me that they had no units in yet but that she expected some in on Thursday. Stupidly didn't ask her about the SIM free situation as I just assumed from the photos that we could buy them SIM free, especially considering [RXP]Andy got one pre-ordered :p

What's really interesting is they list a pay as you go price which I assume is for T-Mobile/Orange and therefore the SIM free price for a fully unlocked handset.

Soldato

When I spoke to Nokia they said the blue and the grey didn't make the cut... think the feed back was it looked a bit 'old'?

Associate
Am I correct in thinking that you work for Nokia Eliot?

Are you able to add some clarity to the Sim Free confusion also? :)

What confusion? :) It's SIM free at Phones 4 U.

The only confusion surrounds the situation of network lock on these SIM free handsets.

Sadly there are no regulations in law describing what SIM free is and what you will get. It can mean everything from phone without SIM, unsubsidised phone to a full unlocked and unmodified phone.

Soldato
Am I correct in thinking that you work for Nokia Eliot?

Are you able to add some clarity to the Sim Free confusion also? :)

You are correct. However I'm not 100% sure on the situation myself. It's not really 'my department' so to speak. I have to be careful what I say on here anyway, as I'm sure you'd understand.

Associate
Not quite so simple, it looks like P4U are doing all they can to add to the confusion...
https://twitter.com/Phones4u/status/263585086555975680

So, will the SIM-Free phones have a non-4G wireless chip???

Don't forget that the people that run these things are usually not enthusiasts like us :p

I often get annoyed with "engineers" that know **** all! They might mean you can get them in 3g only contracts.

Back
Top Bottom