***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
So there's no point looking to P4U for a sim free one then as I'm on 02 and they's are locked to EE.

What an utter shamples!!

I have major doubts the black one will be locked to EE/Orange/T.

I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow so I'll pop a spare Three sim in and report back. I'm with T-Mobile anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

Soldato
Thing is I could no just order this sim free, direct from Nokia if they liked, but theirs no options for that, and no news on anything to do with this phone.
I like Nokia stuff, so would want to support them, but this is an total mess from them, and cant help but wonder just what the hell is going on with them now or what they are even trying to accomplish with this.
IF the camera doesn't hold up, or if their isnt a public acknowledgement that theirs a software glitch about the softness in the images that they can fix with an update, it removes the sole reason really why I would pay more for this phone, meaning the HTCs look a lot more tempting at a MUCH reduced price!

I would even be happier if Nokia was communicating in someway, but its been nothing but stone cold silence from them on ANYTHING.

Associate
That £449 price looks to be the pay as you go price I saw in store so I'm still holding out hope that £459 is the SIM free unlocked price.

Not sure I trust the people they have updating Twitter and Facebook because we keep finding conflicting information, seems no one knows what is going on :p

Associate
any ideas when the red and yellow will become available? P4U didn't know. You would think after the whole commercial against monotone phones the red and yellow would be available immediately at launch (even for preorder like the black and white)

Not quite sure about the POS shown in P4U either as speaking to their customer service department they said the 920 is not available on tmobile or orange just ee

Caporegime
T-Mobile UK Support ‏@TMobileUKhelp

@dorfer2626 Hi Chris, the Nokia 920 is exclusive 4GEE. T-Mobile won't be getting it at this time. Thanks John

Update from Handtec

Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 UK Release Update

1 Nov

Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 UK Release Update:

Nokia UK SIM Free stock will not be available for now.

Nokia have decided to give the Nokia Lumia 920 exclusivity to a network.

The the Nokia Lumia 820 will be available on a network and available to certain B2B channels only.

However these decisions can change and we will be looking at other channels will update as soon as we get further info.

http://blog.handtec.co.uk/2012/11/01/nokia-lumia-920-and-820-uk-release-update/

lol what is going on? Well done Nokia! :D

Izi

Izi

Soldato
Everyone to Twitter and Facebook to let Nokia know you hope they go bust for being so stupid.

It will help you feel at least a little better :)

Soldato
I laready ranted on that Nokia page earlier but I dont think its an offical one and have no desire to use Twitter, theirs no way I can fit a rant in such a short sentance.

I cant believe how weird I am, im actually sitting here shaking my head reading this still.

Back
Top Bottom