***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
there surely must be a way to get our feedback across to Nokia? I thought someone on the forum worked for Nokia UK?

Although not sure much can be done given the exclusivity agreement... balls !

Associate
The whole point of exclusivity is its I'd exclusive. That's not really a surprise.

You could get one from Europe - once it is released in other countries then importing should
be possible although I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Associate
The exclusivity is quite shocking - wonder why they did this?

It's been brought up before in this thread but it must be pretty sweet terms between EE and P4U for Nokia to prevent sim free sales (I don't know anyone outside a small number of my peers that buys sim free).

I'm fairly certain it was said the exclusivity may not extend beyond the end of the year which really isn't very far away now (although I can't remember the exact wording).

Ironically it's not a problem for me as the 3GB 12 month EE package isn't actually horrible value compared to buying the phone outright, still waiting on confirmation regarding the battery and camera...

Soldato
I cant see how they could even come close, I cant be the only one sitting with card in hand happy to order right now sim free!?
Its a pretty popular thing in the UK I would have thought by now.

Associate
Every time I re enter this thread I hope that they'll be some positive news, but every time it seems to get even worse.

So much promise with such poor execution. Shambles :(

Soldato
It really is that isnt it! lol
This phone looked aces, I think thats why theirs so much dis-belief about what they have done here.

That and for me, this was the ONLY phone I was interested in!

Soldato
What are the differences between this and the HTC 8X? Sort of considering going for one of them now seeing as this phone seems like too much hassle to be worth it....if the camera and 0.2" of screen size are the only differences i'll just say sod it :p

Associate
As posted either earlier in this thread or the EE thread if you buy it on a 12 month contract at the £50 odd tariffs it works out quite favourbly. Obviously not if you use over 3/5GB of data or have no desire to join EE :p

Soldato
Well, that's disappointing. With it locked to EE, I can't get a sim-free White, or Grey/Blue because it's not available in the UK.

Sticking with my Lumia 800, wait for 7.8 update. Looks like I'll get a tablet instead.

Associate
12 months @ £56 plus £19.99 handset equals £691.99, unlimited texts & minutes with a 3GB data allowance.

Overall not too bad if you're data usage will be below 3GB and if you get good coverage with EE in your area.

Soldato
12 months @ £56 plus £19.99 handset equals £691.99, unlimited texts & minutes with a 3GB data allowance.

Overall not too bad if you're data usage will be below 3GB and if you get good coverage with EE in your area.

Not too bad of a deal there for those that really want this phone.

Phone is £450 sim free right - so £20 for the tariff for 12m

Back
Top Bottom