***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
I'm confused.

Surely it's in Nokia's best interests to ensure this phone is as easy to purchase, and as readily available as humanly possible? Exclusivity deals are extremely foolish given their current situation.

The already small amount of respect and patience that I have left for Nokia is quickly starting to fade.

It's ridiculous to find people in a situation where they want to buy a phone but are unable to do so because the manufacturer won't sell it to them.

Nokia need to remember that this phone will not have the drawing power of an iPhone. So unlike the the original iPhone release on 02 all those years a go they cannot expect people to switch network provider just to get hold of one.

Barking mad is my opinion on this situation. Clearly people want to buy this phone so they should let them do so.

Associate
Slightly off topic,

EE saythe Lumia comes with unlimited calls, but there is an add on for 500 minutes of landline calls for £6....

Soldato
Just called EE again and they are adamant that they will not have the 920 until the 9th and cannot process my order until then.

Going into the local EE store tomorrow to check anyway.

Associate
Not too bad of a deal there for those that really want this phone.

Phone is £450 sim free right - so £20 for the tariff for 12m

Considering in 12 months time the phone will still have a decent value if in good condition. Not as bad as first thought.

Still i'm holding off until more reviews are out. Don't really care if i have to wait a few months.

Associate
Ugh just spotted Phones4U tweeted me 6 hours a go when I asked about the SIM free situation:

http://twitter.com/Phones4u/status/263944812326170624
SIMFree.png

Associate
I'll be dense, how is it locked to three networks? Is that even possible or do they all just run as EE now anyway? (not on ee/orange or t-mobile)

Associate
Is it a network lock then not a sim lock?

P.S I don't really know how devices are "locked" these days as I haven't had a locked phone for ages :)

Man of Honour
Im holding out on one last thing, that someone finds a way to unlock the contract free version from P4U...would this be possible?

I imagine the regular unlock methods would work. This is only an issue with iPhones because Apple control the unlock codes and it has to be done via iTunes (unless you Jailbreak and unlock; which is rubbish anyway).

Man of Honour
Im holding out on one last thing, that someone finds a way to unlock the contract free version from P4U...would this be possible?

Of course it's possible. The 920 has allready been unlocked in Canada and unlock sites are selling unlock codes for uk, but don't list EE only orange. so someone will have to be a guineipig and see if orange unlock codes work, or if well have to wait for EE unclock codes.

Phones being locked really isn't a big deal, you just have to wait for codes.

Soldato
12 months @ £56 plus £19.99 handset equals £691.99, unlimited texts & minutes with a 3GB data allowance.

Overall not too bad if you're data usage will be below 3GB and if you get good coverage with EE in your area.

Its 24 month though, not 12 months....

I'm thinking of the following:
24 Month
£46
3GB Data
4G
Texts/Minutes Unlimited
Phone= £19.99
Monthly= £46.00

= £572 p/yr

Is the 3GB data 4G data or 3G data or Both?
Only thing is, Orange have lacked service for me in the past. Has this improved now that they are under EE?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom