***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
I think the date problem is simple, The 8x was launching today so Nokia said they would too so as to get pre-orders. Then once the rush to pre-order was over, revert to the original release date.

Associate
I wouldn't have considered purchasing a Nokia at all in the past few years but the 920 looks very nice and I'm quite keen to give something different a go, bit bored of Android and fancy a change.

The only thing putting me off the 920 was reports it didn't have a microSD slot but that appears to be nonsense, but is it only a max of 32GB?

It has no SD slot.

But with Skydrive and Nokia music (cancel your Spotify, you won't need it) it's hardly a big limitation.

Also, you can drag n drop media now, no need for a sync tool. So managing what is on your phone at any one time can be scripted.

Associate
It has no SD slot.

But with Skydrive and Nokia music (cancel your Spotify, you won't need it) it's hardly a big limitation.

Also, you can drag n drop media now, no need for a sync tool. So managing what is on your phone at any one time can be scripted.

Also you have xbox music
and there are two apps to manage windows phone 8 on windows 8
one is metro app and the other one desktop app + you don't need an app if you don't want to
windows 7 has new desktop app its beta version at the moment

Associate
Anyone looking at getting a wireless charger, hang fire as it seems anyone buying one this year gets one free, you redeem with a website which isn't live yet http://www.nokiafreecharger.com/

First 500 Phones4U orders get a free speaker too. Hopefully I made the list :)

Conditions on P4U website suggest the free wireless charging plate is only on orders placed from today onwards. I'm going to ring up customer services and see if I'm going to have to cancel my current order and then replace it :mad:

Associate
Nah, they have confirmed that they are sim locked.
I know they are incompetant, but not by THAT much.

My local phones 4 U knew all about the phone except when they were getting stock in, but assured me they were sim unlocked (not sim free I was very specific) at dinner time today.

Or in other words yes THAT much!

Associate
My local phones4u seem convinced they are getting the phone tomorrow.

I find that very unlikely but they said they would call me in the morning.

They had a large display with white, yellow and red dummy phones on display.

The EE store said 14th November. Slightly off topic the iPad mini is awesome. Just pooped into Apple and saw it. Wow. I already ordered a 4G model and a Surface but they won't arrive until the end of November.

Soldato
My local phones4u seem convinced they are getting the phone tomorrow.

I find that very unlikely but they said they would call me in the morning.

They had a large display with white, yellow and red dummy phones on display.

The EE store said 14th November. Slightly off topic the iPad mini is awesome. Just pooped into Apple and saw it. Wow. I already ordered a 4G model and a Surface but they won't arrive until the end of November.

How did the white look? :D

Soldato
How did the white look?

I had a look at a white dummy 920 in P4U a couple of days ago and personally I think the high gloss makes it look a little tacky. I'm really torn as I do not want the black one as its slightly boring but the gloss ones put me off somewhat. I think I might try and have a look at a red one.

Associate
I've seen the white in person on Monday when they launched Windows Phone and it is glossy but so is the red and yellow.

I don't really think it matters - I just want the phone to not look boring and black because it packs some of the most awesome technology you can get in a phone.

Associate
I find these reviews baffling.

It's heavy and there aren't many apps... Well thank you for that obvious information.

There doesn't seem to be any actual problems with the phone other than those and I don't think weight is ever a real world problem consumers have.

Then there is apps but Nokia and Microsoft are doing all they can to sort that out so it isn't a concern to me.

Back
Top Bottom