***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
I was thinking about taking out a 12 month tariff on a Note II or iPhone 5 with Vodafone, using my EAP discount to bring the line rental down, then selling the handset on and importing a 920. Costed it up, and it's not worth it. The Note II is £99 then £51/month, so £40.80 after discount. I could sell the Note II for around £400 (after delivery costs). Working it through, it's no cheaper buying this way, and Vodafone only give 1GB data to EE's 3GB. It's the same story with the GSIII, and the iPhone 5 is considerably more expensive (though it sells for a lot more). If I want 12 month, EE seems to be the way to go.

On the back of this revelation, I just ordered the 12 month deal that's been sat in my P4U basket for a few days. Free wireless speaker, free charging plate, £50 Quidco - seems good value to me. Might get cancelled yet though given they've removed the 12 month tariffs from their site.

If it gets delivered, I might have to take a trip to B'ham doing 'Christmas shopping' so I can test the 4G out :D

Associate
Any idea anyone?

Went into my local EE store two days ago and there was a sign saying free wireless charger when you order the Lumia 920. So I assume it's just a promotion to kick up interest in the phone and possibly boast to less informed people that it has wireless charging capabilities

Associate
I have ordered through EE, had to call them this morning as I missed them calling me yesterday evening.

The phone is delayed with them until 16th, apparently it has not passed their testing (or so I was told) and has been sent back to Nokia.

Soldato
I wonder if the delay has anything to do with the 'pending software tweaks' that Engadget mentioned in their review? With the bad press surrounding Lumia 920 daytime shots, it wouldn't surprise me if Nokia want to fix it before release, especially given the nightmare they had rolling out the Lumia 800 battery fix.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Worse than an 800?? Tosh!

I agree.....

Who is that site anyway? or are they just jumping on the bandwagon?

EDIT:

It does make me wonder if they have been running pre-release firmware, just to get the devices out there. As it would be not the first time Nokia have done that, remember the 800? :p

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
What I do find odd is The Verge have given the N4 and the L920 the same score on the camera...... Bit odd...

Soldato
Hmm, it doesn't look that bad. Lets hope they can improve it with a software update as I'm really keen for this phone! So bored of IOS.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Hmm, it doesn't look that bad. Lets hope they can improve it with a software update as I'm really keen for this phone! So bored of IOS.

I am pretty sure they will, its the same thing that happen with the 900 and that was fixed very quickly. :)

Soldato
Holding off for a bit. Just put a giffgaff sim in my SGS2 and cancelled my voda contract. Going to wait for things settle down, then try all the WP8 handsets once they are in the shops and make a decision in a months time.

Still leaning towards the 920 but more open to other WP8 handsets now, possibly the 8x.

Associate
I'm pretty certain I just got a confused person who answered the phone but my p4u said that the 920 is not going to be on EE at p4u.

I told her it was an EE exclusive but she said their online store bulletin says
that they are only Vodafone.

I just told her to call me when they get any in no matter what network!

Associate
Been reading this thread for the last couple of days now, but only just been validated as a member to post.

I was very close yesterday to ordering the 920 from the German website as I have 6 months left on my o2 contract and didnt want to have to switch.

Having looked at the EE contracts the 12 month 3GB £56 a month contract was looking quite appealing as it works out as £692 for the year (~£16 a month for 3GB 4G data when taking away the handset only cost) and I'd be able to let my sister use the remainder of my o2 contract so not to waste money.

Problem is P4U say they no longer do 12 month contracts and i really dont want to be locked in for 24 months, but i really want the yellow 920 which is exclusive to P4U and also would like to get the £50 cashback through quidco.

Went into both central Bristol P4U stores this morning and neither have the handset and they don't reckon they will get them until at least middle of the month.

Last edited:
Associate
I have ordered through EE, had to call them this morning as I missed them calling me yesterday evening.

The phone is delayed with them until 16th, apparently it has not passed their testing (or so I was told) and has been sent back to Nokia.

This is exactly what I was told when I ordered my Samsung Omnia 7 two years ago. The phone rep actually told me that this was code for the T-Mobile software having broken it. It specifically related to the search function having been changed from Bing to T-Mobile/Google.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same issue again...

Really wanted the 920 but can't justify the price plans, I was interested in the 8x instead, which a full page ad in the metro told me was out yesterday, but I couldn't actually find anywhere with one for me to look at.

kbc

kbc

Associate
Got Cyberport email saying phone going to be delivered on 12th November was hoping this week.

Which colour did you order bingham67? If we order from them, we have to purchase an EU to UK adapter/charger? And also, these are LTE-enabled? As I keep hearing the "3G only" variants...

Back
Top Bottom