• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
been offered a evga 980ti Sc for £420 im very tempted but then pascal could be better but be maybe in the 500+ for a nvidia 1080 but then can you see the current prices dropping that much to move in line? some 980 are still pushing 400 let alone ti that are 520+

Last edited:
Soldato
I couldn't resist... :D

The majority of GPU's sold are low to mid range. I think that might even hold more true this time with pascal. Look at the stupid price maxwell are. Pascal prices will be even higher I have no doubt. I'm looking to buy GTX1080 (or whatever they call it? ) 1080Ti and Pascal Titan will be the super rich elite which most can't afford.

GTC is on the 4th-7th April, we'll know then if prices on the 980tI are about to take a nose dive or not

Jen-Hsun Huang speech is april 5th. In the morning I believe.

Last edited:
Soldato
http://semiaccurate.com/2016/03/22/why-did-amd-slip-polaris-and-vega/

Looks like AMD was meant to launch their GPUs earlier but have delayed them,so in the end it might mean Nvidia will probably catch up with them now.

I don't have access to the full story but what I gather from someone who has access over there the original Semiaccurate story claimed Polaris in late Q1/early Q2 but it was pushed back to Q3. So the Mid 2016 date IS the pushed back date.

Not sure how accurate that info is to be honest.

Soldato
I don't have access to the full story but what I gather from someone who has access over there the original Semiaccurate story claimed Polaris in late Q1/early Q2 but it was pushed back to Q3. So the Mid 2016 date IS the pushed back date.

Not sure how accurate that info is to be honest.

If they had released the cards between April and June,then they would have got some great PR if Nvidia did not have anything available for a few months. Now they are releasing cards when Nvidia might have something available in the same timeframe.

Everything AMD releases is delayed.

FAIL.

Soldato
If they had released the cards between April and June,then they would have got some great PR if Nvidia did not have anything available for a few months. Now they are releasing cards when Nvidia might have something available in the same timeframe.

Everything AMD releases is delayed.

FAIL.

These dates are all rumours, you do know that don't you. For all we know AMD always planned for a mid 2016 release. After all it is the date that AMD have officially given for a number of weeks now.

Getting all annoyed over the fact a rumoured and totally speculative release date was not met by a company who never committed to that date in the first place, is kinda daft don't you think?

Soldato
I don't know if this has been posted or not:

http://www.bitsandchips.it/52-engli...scal-in-trouble-with-asyncronous-compute-code

According to our sources, next GPU micro architecture Pascal from NVIDIA will be in trouble if it will have to heavly use Asynchronous Compute code in video games.

Broadly speaking, Pascal will be an improved version of Maxwell, especially about FP64 performances, but not about Asyncronous Compute performances. NVIDIA will bet on raw power, instead of Asynchronous Compute abilities. This means that Pascal cards will be highly dependent on driver optimizations and games developers kindness. So, GamesWorks optimizations will play a fundamental role in company strategy. Is it for this reason that NVIDIA has made publicly available some GamesWorks codes?

These dates are all rumours, you do know that don't you. For all we know AMD always planned for a mid 2016 release. After all it is the date that AMD have officially given for a number of weeks now.

Getting all annoyed over the fact a rumoured and totally speculative release date was not met by a company who never committed to that date in the first place, is kinda daft don't you think?

For AMD it is critical they get the cards before Nvidia as soon as possible and try and price them well,as being outsold nearly 4 to 1 in dGPU sales,is not helping them,as ATI/AMD used to vary between 2:1 to 3:2 instead.

Soldato
I don't know if this has been posted or not:

http://www.bitsandchips.it/52-engli...scal-in-trouble-with-asyncronous-compute-code

For AMD it is critical they get the cards before Nvidia as soon as possible and try and price them well,as being outsold nearly 4 to 1 in dGPU sales,is not helping them,as ATI/AMD used to vary between 2:1 to 3:2 instead.

be interesting if that was true! It would also be interesting to see how many people would actually buy an AMD card if they come out first and it it beats what nVidia have to offer. I still think there will be a significant amount of people still buying nVidia cards if this was the case and AMD was still cheaper just because well its nVidia.

Caporegime
be interesting if that was true! It would also be interesting to see how many people would actually buy an AMD card if they come out first and it it beats what nVidia have to offer. I still think there will be a significant amount of people still buying nVidia cards if this was the case and AMD was still cheaper just because well its nVidia.

Looks like nV will be chucking some money around to willing devs if true!!! :D

Wouldn't surprise me tbh, Pascal has been speculated to be heavily based on Maxwell. Volta seems to be a fresh architecture for nVidia

Caporegime

As do i, and if Pascal doesn't do a-sync like that above article suggests, i don't see them in trouble, as it will hardly get used, Nvidia have over 80% of the market, just about every game coming out will be a GameWorks, so no a-sync, a-sync won't make a jot of difference, its not the great white hope some are expecting, nothing will change, Nvidia are just too strong. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom