• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
Cheers for the response guys, the main concern was if 3gb would be enough especially as I play all sorts of games some more challenging for gpu's than others. I think I will hold off for a while and see what's in the offering.

I know it's what the graphics card is using and not necessarily what is required, but The Division uses over 5GB on my 980Ti @ 2560x1440, and i'm running medium AA setting.

Soldato
Would it even make sense money wise for 980Ti owners to sell up, go to the first midrange Pascal card and then move up to the 1080Ti/x80Ti when released? Assuming they bring out the Ti card shortly after the Titan of course.. No guarantee there either.

If it was me, I'd hold onto the 980ti at least until x80ti if not later. A £500 GPU should have at least a 2 year life span at the high end of gaming.

It's those people only thinking of buying into Maxwell now that I'd advise to wait.

Associate
If it was me, I'd hold onto the 980ti at least until x80ti if not later. A £500 GPU should have at least a 2 year life span at the high end of gaming.

It's those people only thinking of buying into Maxwell now that I'd advise to wait.

Fair comment. What with all the AMD info that is springing up and the fact that Nvidia info is fairly imminent, I would be reluctant to buy any GFX card right now. Keep your money and wait and see what goodies come out from AMD & Nvidia in the near future. You know it makes sense, Rodney ;)

Caporegime
Yet if a story doesn't say rumour, despite being completely made up like 99% of the clickbait stuff, it gets taken ultra seriously by so many people on this forum.

No it doesn't, I don't take any of the sites seriously until details are confirmed and most people just post the articles to wind people up, not for them to be taken seriously.

Besides, you're not one to comment on taking things ultra seriously yourself :D

Well, that website does not clickbait. They clearly state what is what in their articles.

I don't know how you've come to that conclusion from the article, it's entirely clickbait :confused:

Starting with "According to our sources" just like any other clickbait article for GPU's.

Last edited:
Soldato
http://www.crossmap.com/news/nvidia...80ti-in-june-volta-gpu-sometime-in-2017-26392

X80 Titan to Launch this April, GeForce X80Ti in June, Volta GPU Sometime in 2017

We already knew Volta 2017, but Pascal Titan this April? and X80Ti in June? GTC in under 2 weeks. We'll know soon enough.

"There are a number of reports that these specs might be true" lol, so all the click bait sites repeat the videocardz original and make it sound like independent verification

Associate
No it doesn't, I don't take any of the sites seriously until details are confirmed and most people just post the articles to wind people up, not for them to be taken seriously.

Besides, you're not one to comment on taking things ultra seriously yourself :D

I don't know how you've come to that conclusion from the article, it's entirely clickbait :confused:

Starting with "According to our sources" just like any other clickbait article for GPU's.

You see the person who runs that website posts in certain forum I frequently go, and that person has been honest to what he is posting and warns us in advance what is and is not rumour or fact. He has quite a few sources and he has been more right than wrong, and when he is wrong he admits that. He was the one who broke out the news about nvidia not supporting async and division with dx12 tier levels. He posted that news months and months before anyone heard of it let alone undestood the meaning of different tiers.
I do understand that majority of ocUK forum members are nvidia hopefuls, so sometimes some news, or lack of, is hard to take in ;)

Associate
http://www.crossmap.com/news/nvidia...80ti-in-june-volta-gpu-sometime-in-2017-26392

X80 Titan to Launch this April, GeForce X80Ti in June, Volta GPU Sometime in 2017

We already knew Volta 2017, but Pascal Titan this April? and X80Ti in June? GTC in under 2 weeks. We'll know soon enough.

Wasn't this 'news' already echoed in echo chambers months ago? Is this website so slow on picking up the echoes or do you feel the need to balance your day out with some positive (quite impossible though) rumour? :D

Caporegime
You see the person who runs that website posts in certain forum I frequently go, and that person has been honest to what he is posting and warns us in advance what is and is not rumour or fact. He has quite a few sources and he has been more right than wrong, and when he is wrong he admits that. He was the one who broke out the news about nvidia not supporting async and division with dx12 tier levels. He posted that news months and months before anyone heard of it let alone undestood the meaning of different tiers.
I do understand that majority of ocUK forum members are nvidia hopefuls, so sometimes some news, or lack of, is hard to take in ;)

It still doesn't mean that article isn't click bait, nor does it mean he is right ;)

It's got nothing to do with being hopeful either, I just found the article laughable, you're the one taking offence to me finding it that way.

Soldato
"There are a number of reports that these specs might be true" lol, so all the click bait sites repeat the videocardz original and make it sound like independent verification

GTC needs to come quick. April 5th's Jen-Hsun Huang speech at GTC should put to bed I hope most of these rumours and have some concrete news on specs and release date?

Back
Top Bottom