• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
anyone else just excited for price drops on 980Ti's??

I'd love to pick up 2 more, it'll do me just fine for a year or so of gaming, kind of reached that point where getting the latest and greatest isnt beneficial for me personally.

Unless Pascal is EPIC, then 3 of them please :D

Associate
anyone else just excited for price drops on 980Ti's??

I'd love to pick up 2 more, it'll do me just fine for a year or so of gaming, kind of reached that point where getting the latest and greatest isnt beneficial for me personally.

Unless Pascal is EPIC, then 3 of them please :D

Excited about a 28nm card? Nope, not me.

Bring on Pascal and Polaris, that's what is exciting to me :D

bru

bru

Soldato
Your right DM, something about those numbers doesn't quite add up.

Even if they were to use current parts, two 750ti's 88GB/s (roughly what that slide shows 80+GB/s) but it is only a 60w part, 4 A57's well at 2GHz they are just under 10w, 2 Denver2's no idea of power usage there is no way it all adds up to a 250w drive PX2.

Something definitely doesn't add up.

Associate
Excited about a 28nm card? Nope, not me.

Bring on Pascal and Polaris, that's what is exciting to me :D

New tech is always exciting, but will it meet expectations?

I`ll be excited when the Pascal price drops come around. Till then money staying where it is. :D

You'll be waiting a year, and then the new SKU's will be out! :D vicious circle!

Associate
What happens in June?

MAYBE they show real chips / cards for GP104. I wouldn't count on it though, after today.

Can't forsee availability before Q4 at earliest.

Even with AMD's apparent delays, they should be miles ahead in volume production.

Associate
Yep, you dont kill off a best seller if you dont need to. Im jumping aboard the GTX ship today. Thats good news for you lot, cos knowing my luck, there'll be a price crash tomorrow!

Soldato
Yep, you dont kill off a best seller if you dont need to. Im jumping aboard the GTX ship today. Thats good news for you lot, cos knowing my luck, there'll be a price crash tomorrow!

You need to remember that it is only a current best seller, Nvidia would and should be thinking of the future. If Polaris is released in 3-4 months and gives better performance for similar, or less money on a newer process than competing Nvidia GPUs, then would Kepler it still be a best seller?

Back
Top Bottom