• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
What a fugly cooler

Reminds me of something

2uh96b5.jpg

:D

Soldato
Must be fake.. must be.. i hope it is.. god it's ugly and way to aggressive for a reference design. This is something that would come out of Asus Labs with an ROG sticker on it though and a different paint job :p

Man of Honour
Probable release dates..

5OTDiD3.jpg

I don't think that table is valid.

I think the 1080 Ti or whatever they call it will use the same chip as the Pascal Titan.

I also don't think anyone has said NVidia are releasing a 1080 Ti in June/July.

What was said is there will be a replacement for the 980 Ti, this can be done with one of the mid range Pascal cards like the GTX 1080 which should be about the same performance or slightly faster.

Soldato
OP
What a fugly cooler

Reminds me of something

2uh96b5.jpg

Haha, I like that cooler tbh, with the PCB, backplate and rear ports included it would look different. Obviously proper photos not from potato phone I bet it would look nice, not convinced that's the official reference though, I think this is a fanboy mockup. Something a guy has been making in his spare time. Looks good imho.

Soldato
Hope this isn't legit, if it is we are seeing mid range part (Not full core count) now being used for the 'Ti' brand as well. The milking is going to be extreme this gen :eek:

Hopefully this is just fud.

Well Ti brands been around while and not just for Top end. i remember the 660ti's

Soldato
OP
Well Ti brands been around while and not just for Top end. i remember the 660ti's

Right, but look at that chart specifically, it says GTX 980 Ti >> 1080 Ti i.e 'direct replacement'. Replaced with the mid tier part occupying the highest end 'Ti' slot. This isn't the 660Ti level...

Hopefully this is just more fud. Otherwise milking has been set to extreme for this gen.

Soldato
Right, but look at that chart specifically, it says GTX 980 Ti >> 1080 Ti i.e 'direct replacement'. Replaced with the mid tier part occupying the highest end 'Ti' slot. This isn't the 660Ti level...

Hopefully this is just more fud. Otherwise milking has been set to extreme for this gen.

I know what the chart says But i was responding to
"Hope this isn't legit, if it is we are seeing mid range part (Not full core count) now being used for the 'Ti' brand as well"

Ti Brand didnt use to be for the top card segment if anything Ti milking started with the 780 ti's
Long term i wouldn't be surprised to see a Ti type card in a few of Nvidia's ranges from top to bottom

Back
Top Bottom